What type of drivers does F1 need most?

There is actually.
I´m baffled you don´t even know your own religion.

Not only are there recommendations on how to look and what clothes to wear but also what colors are encouraged, discouraged and strictly forbidden.

Thank you for teaching me my religion, what would i do without you... Thank you very much. An atheist Islamic scholar, you are fantastic.

I could care less about ethnicity/gender/religion, we only need good drivers. I go by the phrase 'it's only a problem when you make it one', so people only make a big deal out of people with different backgrounds when they bring it up.

Off topic, but it sort of applies to Obama being president too. News agencies kept bringing up how he would be the first black president and whatnot, which I thought was pointless since he's just another human being that can perform the same tasks as anyone else, so what's the big fuss?

I could care less about ethnicity/gender/religion, we only need good drivers. I go by the phrase 'it's only a problem when you make it one', so people only make a big deal out of people with different backgrounds when they bring it up.

Off topic, but it sort of applies to Obama being president too. News agencies kept bringing up how he would be the first black president and whatnot, which I thought was pointless since he's just another human being that can perform the same tasks as anyone else, so what's the big fuss?

Carlos, I agree.

But, motorsport is lacking a Muslim/guy that has a name like mine even if he does not follow the religion.

English football, cricket, rugby, American football, basketball, baseball, etc. have Muslims.

All motorsports are lacking Muslims. Almost never in the history of man has motorsport had a Muslim competitor.

I will show you guys the Wikipedia page so you see there are no Muslims in racing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_sportspersons#Other_Sports

For once, I want someone of my birth religion - regardless of whether or not he practises - to represent any sanction of racing, whether it'd be DTM, Australian V8, Open-Wheel, BTCC, and very soon, F1.

I apologise for bringing up man-made classifications of people, but, motorsport has had an some Indians, some Chinese, some females, less than a handful of black people, BUT NO MUSLIMS!

Sorry for the double post, but, I apologise if I am being potentially racist by saying, "...some Indians, some Chinese, some females, less than a handful of black people,..."

I hope you guys are understanding of my sentiments because even though I call myself an antitheist atheist, I still wish for a Muslim to be represented in something like F1 and all motorsports, even NASCAR. Muslims are the only group of people almost non-existent in motorsport.

I don't understand what religion or ethnicity has to do with sport Mo. Can you emphasize a bit more on that please?

For me sport is about performance and not about positive discrimination. As a matter of fact the latter already happens too much in F1 where wealthy pay drivers get a seat instead of talented drivers with less budget, which I find horrible.

I don't understand what religion or ethnicity has to do with sport Mo. Can you emphasize a bit more on that please?

For me sport is about performance and not about positive discrimination. As a matter of fact the latter already happens too much in F1 where wealthy pay drivers get a seat instead of talented drivers with less budget, which I find horrible.

I just want more Muslims to be in motorsport, and, I am sure their time will come, but, they are almost non-existent, Bram.

And I hope they come with a lot of skill and pay.

I just want to feel like I am represented.

US American - To give USA someone to cheer on, Bernie says we might have 3 races there so a driver anywhere in the field would be optimal for USA.

Female driver - To get more interest and hopefully getting an Alonso type of driver, that would be awesome,
Love watching Frey and Wolff in DTM chasing Coulthard around like he´s nothing :)

Chinese top driver and Indian top driver. It´s a big market and it would be optimal for those to have their own driver they can cheer on.

Obviously the hardcore fan doesn´t really care but to get the majority really interested i think you need a driver.

US American - To give USA someone to cheer on, Bernie says we might have 3 races there so a driver anywhere in the field would be optimal for USA.

Female driver - To get more interest and hopefully getting an Alonso type of driver, that would be awesome,
Love watching Frey and Wolff in DTM chasing Coulthard around like he´s nothing :)

Chinese top driver and Indian top driver. It´s a big market and it would be optimal for those to have their own driver they can cheer on.

Obviously the hardcore fan doesn´t really care but to get the majority really interested i think you need a driver.

OooooooooOoooooooooOoooooooooh...chase me......:D

But I guess we are hardcore fans, or at least some of us, cause that's why we are here having these discussions. I honestly don't give a damn who is entering F1 as long as it enters for its driving skills, not his money, race, ancestors and any stupid things like this. First prove you can be competitive and then everything might just unfold.

Mohammed said he wants to feel represented. I want my country to be represented as well but as long as your current top drivers can't keep up (for various reasons) I don't think you can emit pretensions. We all dream but sometimes you need to wake up to reality.

And the thing about racism... The guy who said racism it's still alive and strong couldn't be more right. We hide it now because it's trendy/ we are obliged but one day it will overflow and it's going to be nasty, if you know what I mean. I'm not saying everybody is racist but there are a lot of people who still embrace this view. And to all, let's not change the topic of this thread.

But I guess we are hardcore fans, or at least some of us, cause that's why we are here having these discussions. I honestly don't give a damn who is entering F1 as long as it enters for its driving skills, not his money, race, ancestors and any stupid things like this. First prove you can be competitive and then everything might just unfold.
Well that´s basically what i said.

Hardcore fans do not care but if you really want to capture a nation you need to have a driver. And preferably a quick one at that.

Sweden would explode if we got another top driver like Ronnie.
We even had our own Grand Prix.

Today the government would laugh you right in the face if you asked them to build a GP track but if a Swede won the world championship in 2013 you can be sure all hell would break loose in Sweden.

regarding the religious bit, i don´t get it so i´m on your side.

I just read that Bernie said Vettel lacks charisma. Honestly, I am really afraid Vettel and Red Bull are going to obliterate many F1 records. No problem with this but just like Bernie said, Vettel isn't special (as a person) nor Red Bull (as a team). They are very dull, they lack excitement.

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport...tian-vettel-fehlt-charisma-27283372.bild.html
One does not admit to reading Bild. Ever. :mad::poop::cry:

As far as the Muslim driver is concerned: I'm sure there must be one good Saudi driver out there. Those guys are MAD about their cars, so it would be a good market for advertisement too. And as far as the champagne goes: well too bad for him :rolleyes:

I don't read Bild, I can't even speak/ read german properly. It was a rumor posted on a website from my country and they said the source is Bild so I just looked for the article and posted it here.

Well, I'm MAAAAAD :D about cars, mechanics and preety much everything that is related to cars but that doesn't make me a good enough driver to get a superlicense and drive those rockets.

edit: not even in a semi realistic game :p i need to buy a wheel :barefoot:...

I just read that Bernie said Vettel lacks charisma. Honestly, I am really afraid Vettel and Red Bull are going to obliterate many F1 records. No problem with this but just like Bernie said, Vettel isn't special (as a person) nor Red Bull (as a team). They are very dull, they lack excitement.

http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport...tian-vettel-fehlt-charisma-27283372.bild.html

I think Vettel brings another taste to F1, not a dull personality he has. He gave many materials to the media in/before/after most of the races this season. Webber, Heidfeld, Sutil and such drivers may be called dull. But not Vettel. Schumacher was also hated when he was fighting Senna, and he was also not so charismatic. (Did you see that moustached photo? :D)

And Red Bull is very active in the commercial and entertainment side of F1. I also believe they brung another color to the sport. But it seems both Vettel and Red Bull will be hated since they upset Ferrari and McLaren fans greatly :p

I think i understand Mohammad's point: Everyone wants a driver from his race/nation/society/religion etc... I would love to see a Turkish driver, a Dutch would love a Dutch driver, a Canadian a Canadian... But it's not in the hands of some other people, anyone works hard and find sponsors would very much likely get into F1. No one would prevent a muslim if he wants and has the potential to enter. However, i would prefer a great non-Turkish driver instead of a crappy Turkish driver. So that is something on lower priority...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 136 13.9%