1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What type of car would you like to see in GT Legends?

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Knut Omdal Tveito, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

What the title says. I want to make another car for GTL, but I already made the type of car I lust for so I need your help:D

I got some things I need to finish first so it might be a long time until I start working on this car and even longer until its finished. But I would like your input now so I can at least decide what type of car it'll be.

I will not model an existing car, it will be my own design, but based on an era and racing category.

So far I've been thinking of the 1.5L era of Formula 1 with the 156 Sharknose and Coopers etc but I'm not sure if its the best for club racing.

Anyways I would like to hear your ideas. Thanks in advance!

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Depends on whether you want it to blend in with the exisiting cars in a class or be a bit more standalone.

I'll have a ponder and revert.

3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Well it would be great if the car fits in one of the GTL classes, i.e. a GT racing car. But I would like to hear about other ideas aswell, even if they don't fit the GTL classes

4. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Thats a great idea Neil. Always had a thing for rear-engined lightweights:) Lovely engine too, I found some really fast ones after some googling

5. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

I have proposed a few cars a while a go , Aston Martin (have used it) Triumph TR4 (not used it) NSU TT great succes lol,but the TR4 is worth to try I think?

6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I know you're not recreating actual cars, but I'd like another light, low power, good handling car to go head-to-head with the Elite.

7. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Thats a great idea Stuart. Something like the Abarth 205, but a little faster would be a great project.
    [​IMG]

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

:eek: spooky

That and the Fiat 850 Coupe were the exact cars I was thinking of. :thumbup:

Attached Files:

9. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Freaky:D It has to be one of the most beautiful cars out there:drool: I feel very tempted to go with this one:D

10. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

So what do you guys say, front- or rear-engined car? A rear engined car would be more of a contrast to the Elite, but a front-engined would be more racing friendly me thinks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

As long as the overall performance in laptimes is comparable, I'd say vive la difference and rear engine that bad boy.

If we have to use different techniques to get similar laptimes, that'll be cool, IMO.

12. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

lol. Sounds like a plan!

13. The BMW 507 is a beautiful car, as is the BMW 2800 CS. Both would fit in well. I can't wait to see the BWM 2002 that's currently in the works. Am I partial to BMW? :wink: The NSU is very fun. The BWM CSL Turbo and Porsche 935 are awesome.

Jim

14. Or perhaps even a mid-engined car?
    The Melkus RS1000 '69
    680 Kg - 1000cc mid-engine with +/- 74 Kw - topspeed 210Km/h and it looks astonishing
    [​IMG]

15. i would like to see a Opel Commodore GS/E B Coupe with a 3L Irmscher 24Valve 6Cylinder -Inline Engien

[​IMG]

16. Hi Knut,

how about the Porsche 924 Carrera GT-S/R?

Are you planning on making another contribution to our community?

Ulli

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Actually Knut - I think I've found an Elite competitior in the TVR Grantura mod :thumbup:

Thats also Front Engined though, so a rear engined alternative would be minty :biggrin:

18. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Yes Ulli, for GTL

A lot of nice cars that have been suggested so far. However some of them are a little too fast:D The Melkus was really nice though (never heard about that car...)

I will have to check that out Stu, I've always had a thing for TVRs:D

19. Something Japanese, Knut?

Datsun 240z and/or Toyota 2000GT?

Datsun_240z_BRE_Ra&.jpg

1967-toyota-2000-g.jpg