1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What to Expect From Formula 1 in 2013

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Feb 12, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. i expect kimi as WC 2013 :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. I sure hope so

4. I like your style.

5. Nice write up Kyle.

6. Great article!

7. Νice stuff!

8. I want to see a lot of things. Go Vettel!

9. I'm a big fan of S.Vettel. He is a three-time world champion, but I do not want to see the dominance of the F1 world as to times of M.Schumacher. I hope this year to see even a different world champion.

10. I'm sure you're a big fan of Formula Kyle but this reads like you didn't watch last season at all. Especially with this three tiers of cars idea. Although Red bull did excellent in the Constructor's championship Vettel nearly lost the Driver's championship to Alonso. The teams at the top almost always win as a result of money and spending more on research to the point where you can predict where each team will end up at the end of the series from it. The tires being used in 2013 have been used for two years and weren't an unknown quantity last year. Sergio Perez performed amazingly last year and will likely to do astonishingly better with a better funded car.

11. That post is well below the Planet F-1 level. I've followed the testing but it is hard to tell. Red Bull and McLaren seem to be strong, but are playing it close to the vest. Ferrari and Lotus also appear to be contenders based on their times. I think Mercedes will be better but not quite a championship contender.

Red Bull, McLaren. and Ferrari have been the teams to develop new technologies over the course of a season. Lotus has to show they can play on that level while Mercedes should have the resources to compete with the big three but they have have not done so in their tenure F-1. Hopefully, that will change.