1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

What to change in wet weather setups?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Lee Downham, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Since I have now done a couple of endurance mini races in changeable (or very wet!!) conditions, and there is another one coming up tonight, I was wondering what advice anyone could give or what should be changed from a dry setup to a wet one?

I be guessing at something like:

• softer tires / less pressure
    • softer anti-roll / springs
    • softer bump/rebound
    • maybe knock the gearing back a little
    • ...softer all round I guess :wink:
    EDIT: Admins can you change the title to "change" instead of "chance" ... although "chance" would be right in my case :lol:

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thats about it, i would add break bias and break pressure and your driving, changing your braking point also is a good thing.

3. Reducing Brake Pressure is another that I do.

Title changed too

4. In the E46 i tend to put the brake bias around 57:43 and turn the pressure down to about 75 or 80 to stop the brakes from locking up. Works quite well with the E90 aswell, but in that you may want a bit more bias towards the front.

5. On the Mini, i set the braking pressure to 80%, but the most important i increase the toe in (-40 in front and +60 to the rear). So I reduce the gears ratio. Those are the only things which I change with regard to my dry setup. :thumb:

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

More powerlock!