1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to change in wet weather setups?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Lee Downham, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Since I have now done a couple of endurance mini races in changeable (or very wet!!) conditions, and there is another one coming up tonight, I was wondering what advice anyone could give or what should be changed from a dry setup to a wet one?

I be guessing at something like:

• softer tires / less pressure
    • softer anti-roll / springs
    • softer bump/rebound
    • maybe knock the gearing back a little
    • ...softer all round I guess :wink:
    EDIT: Admins can you change the title to "change" instead of "chance" ... although "chance" would be right in my case :lol:
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thats about it, i would add break bias and break pressure and your driving, changing your braking point also is a good thing.
  3. Reducing Brake Pressure is another that I do.

Title changed too
  4. In the E46 i tend to put the brake bias around 57:43 and turn the pressure down to about 75 or 80 to stop the brakes from locking up. Works quite well with the E90 aswell, but in that you may want a bit more bias towards the front.
  5. On the Mini, i set the braking pressure to 80%, but the most important i increase the toe in (-40 in front and +60 to the rear). So I reduce the gears ratio. Those are the only things which I change with regard to my dry setup. :thumb:
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

More powerlock!