What the #*$!: Mini Challenge Brazil vehicles destroyed

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In November 2012 there was the sad news that the MINI Challenge in Brazil would come to an end after the season as the objective of highlighting the MINI sports brand was completed.

What do you do with those little sweet racing cars when a racing series comes to an end. Indeed, you simply destroy the cars at a junkyard as this amateur footage shows.

Rest In Pieces :(

[youtube]

Thanks Frank Alexandre for the tip!
View the Post on the Blog

Well to be honest the economy in Brazil is uprising, but still how can you wreck such nice racing cars.

Even if there is no longer a domestic series to race in they can be very useful for other (club) events.

Would love to have such a car to race in.

It's our stupid laws. Brazil have a very restricted law for car importation. Basically, we can only buy brand new car with no factory alterations. No used or tuned car.
Race car are not street homologated, so we can bring it here for a period of time (I think max 3 or 5 years).

So those Minis should go outside of Brazil to return with a new importation contract. So I think BMW thought it was too expensive to return the cars and have it to the government to do what we see in the movie.

That's why Brazilian GT goes to a round in Argentina. I think Stockcar don't have this problem because the cars are made here (i think).

I think I see Ken's car:whistling:

:( Sad to see them go out that way, but thanks to Reiza for give us outsiders a taste of their passion. As for that red mini it reminds me of my friend Mr. Hunter car's last year I guess you don't need a scrap yard just call up Ken LoL :roflmao::roflmao::D:)

still my friend;)

For God sake let them export those cars then. Obviously they now go away for dump prizes and for the same amount I would have loved to import such a car to Europe with a container.

There must be easier and better ways to get rid of old cars then just demolishing them. Pure horror.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 305 13.0%