What the #*$!: "Attempted Manslaughter in Megane Trophy"

Intentionally ramming someone out of track should get you a ban. As easy as that, it doesn't matter they don't go that fast.
I am thinking of not-so-few legends of F1 that would be much less known if such life bans would have been issued sparingly.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, yeah, you behave like an idiot, go home and don't come back. On the other hand, the vast majority of the penal systems are supposed to work towards rehabilitation, so even if you kill somebody you may be free one day if you show that you have learned from your mistake. Having committed a good part of your life to a driving career and getting banned for life without chance of coming back for crash without much risk or consequences seems a bit disproportionate.

(If we open the attempted manslaughter pandora's box... soccer is going to be interesting, and much cleaner).

BTW, am I the only one that for a moment though there were radio control cars? They camera with people on the foreground makes them look tiny (watch without sound).

BAN NAVAJO NOOB CRASHER

I was expecting a T-bone at speed, like the crash Adrian Newey became embroiled in when racing Ginetta G50s at Snetterton in 2010. From what I could see in the video above, this looked like little more than a TPAC (as UK police call it). This whole incident seemed pretty tame in terms of danger although wholly reprehensible from a racecraft point of view. Seems Navajo needs to grow up a bit.

I did first think the chasing driver might be a Spaniard given the hot-blooded way in which he scampered across the chicane to catch up... I wasn't far off, he's Italian! ;)

Different angles (from TV coverage) of a few incidents including Navajo's crash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Bpoa0x3NE

I can't believe his actual name is "Old Navajo". What were his parents thinking?

When I saw the topic title I was expecting the 'victim' having his car smashed to smithereens. Whilst I don't condone what Navajo did, it was more like a PIT manoeuvre than a T-Bone. I seems the victim, after spinning, was able to continue, whilst Navajo ended up beached in the gravel.

Would be interesting to see the incidents that this one was supposed to be in retaliation to.

The other driver deserved it he'd already taken out two of the other guys team mates in one foul swoop into turn 1
Rob,

Not correct. If you watch the clip Christopher has posted, you'll see it wasn't Schothorst that was involved in the Turn 1 incident, but seemingly his team-mate, as you can see that Schothorst has red trim on his rear wing and the car involved at Turn 1 had lime green/yellow trim.

Not correct. If you watch the clip Christopher has posted, you'll see it wasn't Schothorst that was involved in the Turn 1 incident, but seemingly his team-mate, as you can see that Schothorst has red trim on his rear wing and the car involved at Turn 1 had lime green/yellow trim.

His team-mate took out the two Oregon-cars which had qualed 1 and 2, and therefor made sure that Schothorst won the champ. Then Oregon used their influence on the second Oregon-team (or what it is) to try to take out Schothorst, so he didn't win the champ. after all.

I think both tactics are as bad as they can be, and a series organizer with balls would've dq'd both teams from the champs.

Oh well, the best way to do this is like Audi did in DTM 07 at the same track, but Oregon doesn't control half of the cars.

The other driver deserved it he'd already taken out two of the other guys team mates in one foul swoop into turn 1
That's why there are penalties such as Stop & Go, Drive throughs and even black flags. If the marshals didn't consider he deserved a penalty for that incident, we can't afford, nor allow, nor encourage that every race driver out there becomes his own sheriff on-track to bestow justice upon those undeserving.

Also consider, how much strong mental resolve and concentration professional racing demands. In other words, if not banned, I wonder how other drivers concentration would be affected by being on the same track with someone who obviously does not have control over his emotions. Racing demands 100% concentration, and knowing what this clown is capable of, should he have a bad day, can definately make another driver a bit apprehensive, to say the least.
If his emotions can invoke behavior that can cause him to jepordise his own safety, he damn sure won't care about other's safety.

this is not the world I live in (I hope). the complete story of teams taking each other out is just way beyond belief, what a lowdown league, one should reconsider the whole format if you have "teams" involved who do that kind of stuff. It is not sport by a long shot and should not be sponsored by one of Europe's largest brands in cars.

That's why there are penalties such as Stop & Go, Drive throughs and even black flags. If the marshals didn't consider he deserved a penalty for that incident, we can't afford, nor allow, nor encourage that every race driver out there becomes his own sheriff on-track to bestow justice upon those undeserving.

While I agree, the problem here is, that this was between the Oregon and the VDS team.
While the Oregon drivers (O1 and O2) didn't do anything wrong, one of the VDS driver (V4) did blatantly take out O1 and O2. And by doing that, ensuring that V3 would win the champ.

Penalizing "V4" would not do anything at all regarding the championship - which Oregon lost to V3, because of V4's driving.
The only way was to use the "second Oregon team" (SO) to take out V3.

Not saying it was right. But this couldn't end right, no matter what was happening.

Don;t care what the driver in the blue car did, it doesn't excuse for awful disgusting and insaintly dangerous driving like the car in the yellow and green car. cutting a corner just to take out another driver.

I finished watching the summary of the world series weekend and what has been posted here isn't entirely true.
This incident happened in the first of two races. The championship leader (one of the Oregon cars) was stuck in the grid with a broken clutch. Those drivers envolved in the first corner incident didn't have anything to do with the championship battle (apart from being their teammates). Later in the race happened the incident seen in this video.
In the end (after the second race) it was the Oregon driver (the one that didn't start the first race) that won the championship.
So, this manouver is completly inexcusable by any means!
Hope I was clear enough for everyone understand what really happened.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%