1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What ! ? ? ? Tarmac stages feels bad since 0.8 update

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Tobbe Bergman, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

So I have been totally addicted since Flying Finland came out and been driving Finland almost non stop.
    Also did some Greece stages and it feels really good.

Yesterday I decided to try out Monte Carlo and I thought something broke in my wheel but it seems to be a huge difference physic wise between Gravel and Tarmac stages.

The Tarmac stages all feel like :poop:

There are almost zero FFB and road feel when driving on tarmac.

Have I missed something or ???? !!!!

2. I agree, I turn the wheel and I lose feeling it feels like I'm understeering every turn.

3. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I increased "Self aligning torque" and now it feels fantastic :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOW

I have CSW what do you have ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
  4. Yup, FFB on tarmac feels too light after they removed all excessive downforce from the calculations. They will tweak the FFB once all cars use V2.

5. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Sounds good to me !

Increasing "Self aligning torque" is a good temporary solution and Codies keep surprising me with their attention to details and determination to make DR an awesome Rally Sim.

It's good to be a sim racer these days :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Just edited the thread name a bit, even though you used stars, there is no need for swearing, especially in the thread title.