What SimRacing game should I buy?

@William Yunck you still can race the old Race 07 series, rFactor is about to make a come back for the HistoricX mod (old cars) replacing gradually GTL. on the new sims side you have Game stock car that get a good turn up, i don't know about rFactor 2 so you'll have to check things up, if your into truck racing there is Formula truck apart from that the other new sims don,t have multiplayer yet so we are waiting for it.

G"Day William, long time since we talked. :)

If you want to get back into some on-line racing, and you want to experience some of the "old school" community, it's still the older sims I'm afraid. Most of the newer sims still haven't fully implemented multiplayer, or haven't gained extensive support yet.
Of course I'd recommend GTL and the upcoming rFactor HistorX, if for no other reason than the friendly clean driving you get with this Group.
Race 07 is still fairly popular of course, which you are already very familiar with.

Good to see you back again William, hope you are well. My son has recently relocated to New York for a few years, so my US connection has become stronger. ;)

Hey Warren! thanks for the response - I never purchased GTL but maybe it is time to do so, I'm afraid that I might not add any clean driving to the races though ;) I am glad you are still racing, I am going to try and get my wheel set up again this week and some games installed so I can start practicing. So have been flying to New York for visits then?

I never purchased GTL but maybe it is time to do so,
Maybe before getting GTL, you might want to wait. There has been talk lately that RD may be replacing GTL with rF HistorX, But I'm hoping that we may continue with both since GTL is so good.
You should be able to get GTL very cheap these days though (check Steam) and it is an excellent Sim.
Hopefully, if RD does swap to rF HistorX, it should be mainly the same Group so racing quality should remain similar.

So have been flying to New York for visits then?
No, not yet, and not sure our finances will allow much of that. We told him that he has to return to Aus for visits instead .
Besides, he's been sending photo's of the weather there, YIKES!!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back