1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I get for next Sim Game?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Siver12, May 9, 2015.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and not sure if this question belongs here or in another place. But I will ask my question anyway.
    I love Car and Bike games!! From Gran Tur, Forza, Project cars, Assetto Corsa, Grid Series, MX VS ATV and many more!
    I'm looking to get another game but I can't decide on a few.
    I have all the Grid Games, The games I mentioned above, The Dirt Series A bunch of NFS, F1 2012, Nascar 2013, and others. These are all for the PC. However I'm trying to choose from the following, Stock Car extreme, Dirt Rally, The Crew, or go with a Bike game with Ride:Game? Or any other suggestions anyone may have?
    Please let me know if anyone can help me on this. I have read many feedbacks on each game and now I'm more confused than ever on the one I want. Thanks.

2. Slalom823

RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

I think it depends what you are looking for. If you want something on the more hardcore simulation side or more on the game side.
  3. Probably something in the middle if that's a possibility.
  4. Well Dirt Rally is a codies game so you're set for the gamey side of things but its shaping up to be more simmy than most of their stuff. Stock Car Extreme is a full blooded sim so I'd recommend that over everything if you can actually stomach that though.
  5. Hi guys,

Well I decided to go with Stock Car Extreme. It takes a little getting used to but I am enjoying it. I need to get a wheel now. Thanks for all your help.

6. Slalom823

RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

Not saying this would be the best for everyone, but with what I like, stock car extreme is my favorite sim. Once you have a wheel I think you will really like it!
  7. I regularly play iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 and 2, and Stock Car Extreme is my favourite.

However I couldn't imagine playing it without a wheel. XD
  8. I want a wheel but right now its not in the budget...
  9. ~$50 and criagslist and a bit of patience is probably all you'd need for a DFGT.
  10. jimortality

Premium Member

keep away from Ride, it's a big pile of steaming dog turd mate.
  11. Im a little new to the Steering Wheels on the market. I have researched them today. Not sure what the DFGT is.
  12. Logitech Driving Force GT. Its a tier below the G25/27. Pretty sure it isn't manufactured anymore but you can find them used regularly and in basically new condition because of the plethora of console gamers who bought it for Gran Turismo, used it a half dozen times, then left it in a closet for 5 years. Checking my local craigslist right now there are about 4 or 5 in basically new condition for prices in the $50-100 range so its easy to wait for the right price and bargain with the posters. Buyer's market basically.

Its pretty much the ultimate bargain entry level FFB wheel. Considerably cheaper than a G27 while having all the most important features of it (I believe it actually has a far superior button layout to the G27). The general consensus is that if you start out with a DFGT, longterm you should buy new pedals before upgrading to a better wheel, its that solid a product.
  13. Thanks for Letting me know. I use to have a logitech wheel that was for PS2. Would that work on PC?
  14. Its a distinct possibility. The DFGT is compatible with the PS2, PS3 and PC. As long as it uses a usb connector it should simply be a question of whether compatible drivers exist.
  15. I'm in this position too!

I just had a T300 GTE wheel delivered today and itching to get home from work! However, in terms of games, I am currently trying to decide between these:
    • DTM Experience 2014 (£9.99 - 50% off at Steam in UK at the moment)
    • Stock Car Extreme (£22.49 - 20% off at Steam in UK at the moment)
    • Project Cars (£20-25 - Steam key bought through other vendors)
    I am looking for something that will be a challenge, but is fun and enjoybale too rather than too difficult to get to grips with and frustrating. I particularly love being able to jump online and race against others (ideally not in a destruction derby style!), and to be able to do timed laps against others and tend to prefer tracks to road races. To give a feel, the games I already own on Steam are:
    • Assetto Corsa
    • Dirt 3 Complete Edition
    • F1 201x
    • RaceRoom Racing Experience
    • Copa Petrobras de Marcas
    • Grid: Autosport
    • Race 07 (and the addons courtesy of a SimBin package deal)
    • Burnout: Ultimate Box
    • Need for Speed: The Run
    and i am also about to re-subscribe to iRacing shortly, now i have my new wheel.

Grateful for any recommendations on which of the 3 is best in terms of game play and value for the cost!

PS - sorry to hijack, but made sense rather than start an identical thread to clutter up the boards :)
  16. I have Project Cars, DTM Experience ands decided to buy Stock Car Extreme. Out of those 3 I think project Cars is the one you're looking for. Stock Car extreme is great but it's a pure simulator game. Project Cars has that simulation and arcade mixture. That's my opinion atleast.
    I have all those other game you listed as well except Burnout: ULtimate Box. Someone told me that a fun arcade style game. What do you think??
    Also let me know how you like that wheel. I'm looking for one but can't afford to go much over $100-$150.
  17. Will do! I did have a Logitech G25 that I used on PC but sold it about a year ago when I bought a PS4. I bought the T300 as a step up and one that works on PC and PS4. G25 should be within your price range though if you are using PC or PS3 and is a great first wheel that some stick with for life.

Project Cars is the one I was considering. I think I will buy DTM as it is 50% off and as I love the sounds on R3E and a DTM fan, to the extent where I drive over to Germany from UK once a year in my BMW to watch a race. I think it it was trying to decide between Project Cars and GSCE.

Burnout is just a no need to think arcade game really. Great fun though and a way to have fun in a car without stressing over setups, ratings lines, sim issues etc!
  18. I looking at a wheel Made by MadCatz for the PS3. Do you think it would work on PC? It does have a USB. I can't find an answer anywhere. Can anyone help me?