F1 2010 What settings do you play career mode on?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Iv had this game Since release but had not really played it much. Now I'm addicted.My setting are:Career year 1. HRT View: furthest outAi: easyTc: onAbs: onRacing line: fullFuel: onTires: onGearbox: autoI came 2nd in the championship because of some very silly mistakes.Career year 2 mclarenView: cockpitAi: professional Tc: onAbs: offRacing line: brakingFuel: onTires: onGearbox: autoNext race Montreal. Best time is qual was 1:13.679 which put me on poleWhat about you?

I converted to cockpit view about a month ago and don't think I cold ever go back to T-cam view, I think would probably be slower. Initially I was a bit fearful of converting from T-cam but managed to get used to the lower view, I actually find it easier to get references for the braking and apexes. Probably the Mclaren and Williams are the easiest cars to pick up the cockpit view.

I use T-cam and have the AI difficulty on Legend, the TCS on full Damage on,fuel sim off, ABS on, racing line for corners only, Automatic gears,Pits etc.. i do have Tyre ware on and run races at 30% on long race weekends, i also dont mess with the setups apart from quick set ups from Good ol' Rob the pit man!. I have done 3 races in my first career for virgin and come 2nd, 3rd and 9th.. do you think i have the assists on too high??

When i first started playing i left EVERYTHING on, TCS, ABS - everytihng.
After 2 seasons with Sauber i joined Red Bull and slowly taught myself how to race without TCS or ABS.
I turned TCS to 'medium' and went through a season with that.
Then, when i joined Mclaren, i turned off TCS and ABS completely.
This is now how i ALWAYS race.

I reckon you should try turning TCS off (or atleast to medium) do what i did and slowly teach yourself how to race without TCS or ABS.
Maybe bring down the difficulty a little when learning.
even though i did most of my 'practicing' online, where it didn't really matter how i raced.

In my view it is better to learn to drive without TCS/ABS even if it means slowing dowm the (AI) opposition level. As you master it you can always speed them up, but your learning curve will be better.
I did 1 season starting with TCS but gradually deleted it only using it in full wet conditions.
One post here had good advice: If you are thrashing your team mate its time to drop some assists. If there are none left then it is you thrashing him (poor Jarno)

Konstii said:
I reckon you should try turning TCS off (or atleast to medium) do what i did and slowly teach yourself how to race without TCS or ABS.Maybe bring down the difficulty a little when learning.even though i did most of my 'practicing' online, where it didn't really matter how i raced.
Eh, IMO time trial is a lot better to learn than online. Too many players ram you constantly and you'll never have much room to learn because you're too busy defending yourself.

Oh God! dare I say anything? I must be so rubbish at this game.
Playing on Xbox 360 with pad. level is set to intermediate.
I have fuel and tyre sims on, Pit lane stuff all on auto.
Autobrakes - off, manual gears, traction control on. ( I have tried turning it off, really, I have but I can't get through a lap without spinning out several times. However slowly I take it )
ABS may be on or it may be off. I cant make up my mind and keep fiddling with it from race to race
I don't have any neon lines on the track. They were just plain annoying and nowhere near as helpful as the ones in forza.
50% races from the cockpit view. Driving a virgin. I have won a couple of races and currently 9th in the WDC. Suzuka is the next race. Yes I am thrashing my team mate, but I don't think he has actually finished a race.
Difficulty level feels good to me if a bit unrealistic as far as virgin's performance is concerned.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back