1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What other cars would you like to see in Iracing?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Glenn Petersen, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

After the F1 car comes out, I was wondering what other series cars they would add to the game.
    I personally would like to see the LMP car next. Then they can combine that with the C6R for some enduro events once in awhile.

2. Porsche 911 GT3, Caterham, McLaren MP4/4, WTCC car (any), Formula Ford and I'd like them tomorrow please :)

3. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

Porsche I think is clear they can't do (for the non members: this is discussed on the iRacing forums)
    Cateram actually a good idea
    WTTC was my second thought

my first thought: Let's have a Mini Friday on iRacing!!!!!

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gimmie those and I'd buy a 10 year sub :)

5. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Could you explain why? My subscription just ended so I cant look in the forum right now

I would like to see an old big-engined beast in iRacing. Maybe a Can-Am car or a Lola T70. Or maybe a Ferrari P3/4:D
    [​IMG]

6. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

License issue, someone, can't remember who, has an exclusive agreement with Porsche. They tried to approach Porsche but got a 'no' because of the agreement not sure whether they talked to the third party. Was it EA? Would need to check myself...

7. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Aha. I guess they are strict about this. EA makes sense. I haven't seen a Porsche in the Gran Turismo series (only Ruf) while EA had the NFS Porsche Unlimited...

Back on topic:
    Renault Clio Cup

8. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

That's too bad about Porsche. A GT3 would be an awesome addition.

9. It may have been EA, I remember a long time ago they had an agreement with Porsche but only last year Forza 3 was released with a dozen or more Porsche's including both standard and racing versions of the 911 among other models such as the Boxster and 944. Maybe Microsoft now have an exclusive agreement but I wonder how far iRacing have looked into it, sometimes I wonder if its easier to mention license issues and let people think its because another company has an exclusive deal than to say Porsche wanted too much money for the license and perhaps look a little cheap.

10. Porsche and Ferrari are difficult to license. Simbin have the same issues. It is a shame because I'd like to see some old cars and the absence of Porsche and Ferrari does eliminate some obvious candidates such as Ferrari 250 GTO and Porsche 917.

Still there are quite a few options left. Shelby Cobra anyone? Throw in a lightweight E-Type and a C2 Corvette to provide some competition.

I love the old touring cars too - how about Lotus Cortinas and Alfa GTAs from the early TRANSAM series, or the over 2 litre classics like Mustangs and Camaros?

Then there are 60s F1 cars. Who would believe that the first developer to release a 60s F1 car after GPL would be ISI! (The 1968 Matra MS10 in rF2) Dave K has forgotten his roots :)

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

If iRacing put out a Lotus 33/49, or Eagle AAR1, I'd certainly reconsider my stance on iR :good:

12. The Holden V8s So you could have the v8sc.

13. gp2!

14. The only problem is that there aren't really enough road racers in the membership to keep throwing new cars at the road side. They need to find a way to release cars into existing series' so they don't dilute the participation.

15. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Minis??

16. this + what iRacing is doing wrong IMO is that you have to "buy" both cars in order to participate multiclass races, this is just wrong because if nothing else this is not representing reality, there is enough series already and not enough racers, it is ok in skip&mustang&sm series but others are...well half empty, with multiclass racing they "saved" riley and radical already (again IMO), they should save jetta with miata very soon but in a way that users dont have to buy jetta if they are driving miata in multiclass jetta+miata races :confused: