1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what options there are for handbrake?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by K.Schaefer, Dec 27, 2015.

1. What option there are for handbrakes and what is the price?
    Diy
    Fanatec
    What else?

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

TH8A in analog mode ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

I watched a review of the fanatec one and they complained about bad flex left and right, like @ouvert said the cheaper option is th8 in analogue mode which I see as a better option than the fanatec offering.

5. I have the Fanatec. It does flex if you really yank it hard, but you should not be yanking it that hard anyhow. Its very progressive, a little tap will start the car rotating.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Analog mode? how do I get that cheers

7. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

rotate, activate in settings ..

you can skip first half of video if you want ..

• Love Love x 1
  8. Yes you can use the th8rs/a in analog for handbrake but imho the feel is ridiculous. I own it and it simply wont give any satisfaction. Also I think it's quite expensive to just use it as a mediocre handbrake. I suggest you buy a dedicated one.

9. Another good and affordable option is DimSim handbrake,find his products@ebay.

10. Flying Kefran

Flying Kefran
    From Gran Turismo to pCars

I ordered this one a few days ago when I saw that they had it in stock. I should get it this week. I will post some coments if some of you are interested.

I hesitated with Derek Spears hydraulic handbrake (brillant design) but it would have been a too big overkill considering the time I spend on rally games.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Is it only via ebay or does he have a website?

12. Only eBay and that I think gives you safety.The handbrake made by Dimsim is a TANK!!!
    You can see his videos@youtube!
    I wish you all a happy new year!!!

13. I ended up with an extremely simple DIY. Cost me a total of $35. Not analogue, but it wouldn't be too hard to do, just replace the microswitch with a pot. It's rock solid.
    DSC_0004.JPG DSC_0003.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

Nice work!! ^^^^^

Could it be easy to use a usb joystick as a handbrake?

15. No real resistance....would technically work....but would feel kinda crappy.

16. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

I don't play rally games too often, but I am thinking I may try one out sometime and if it works well enough then maybe modify the handle somewhat. I doubt the feel would be great, but I think it could be improved.

• Like Like x 1