What Object Do You Want The Most For Your Track

B

Biggles1212

• Biggles1212

Hi fellow BTB users. :)

KSLM and I have been discussing making a book for you all.

After making the tutorial for importing your objects into BTB, I thought I could take it further and use specific models and make a step by step how to from using google sketchup, setting it up and actual model building to getting all the textures right, then importing it into BTB and using it in the game. I've made houses, control towers, bridges, trains, stations, garages, grand stands and a number of banners and fences.

The trains and tracks, fences and town housing are in sobject formats.

I've not worked out the lights story exactly but will get to it ASAP. I need help there myself.:question:

What would you like to learn to do the most? It does not have to necessarily be something I've already done.

:fwd:

Biggles

Would anyone be interested in add on objects for around your tracks such as these?
Leet! This is the way to go, before you know it, there will be so many objects we will be able to use. Which will make BTB tracks more individual instead of seeing the same objects everywhere.

Would it be good to put all this work into one xpack? or best to keep it in many smaller xpacks? We could call it, 'The BTB Community XPack" :D

'cause I have a lot of models I have made, I try to use all my own material to make the track individual, but I struggle with XPacks, so I doubt that at this time I have the knowledge to make an XPack that the public could use. I still have one major problem, that's making a string object without each object acting as an individual object instead of one long object. I notice Ennis has it working right with his pitts, but I just cant get it to work ;( Here is a screen from an old project to show what i mean. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/mianiak/SekiaHillsDEC/GRAB_046.jpg

It's because the texture used on that rail isn't seamless. Easy to fix though.
If you don't want the sections so close like that. Don't put the stops so close.

You can also use the offset/scale tool to customize to your liking.

The texture is seamless, its in the guard rails I posted up before in this thread ^^ . I have a forum thread in here about it already but I can't find it. I thought it was a limit to the software but I see others have successfully overcome the problem so it occurred to me to ask.

I still have one major problem, that's making a string object without each object acting as an individual object instead of one long object. I notice Ennis has it working right with his pitts, but I just cant get it to work ;( Here is a screen from an old project to show what i mean. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/mianiak/SekiaHillsDEC/GRAB_046.jpg
It looks like a normals problem.
make sure when you bring in your individual objects that you click the "create normals" button under the "normals" tab usually with "default" checked for objects or "up" for trees & similar.
Cheers

I have started the Truck XPack I said I would do, but I'm a real newbie when it comes to XPacks. To save size, I want to make it so that I only have one model in the XPack and then create a Complex Object to set different textures. I can't seem to figure out how to do it.
TrucksXPack.jpg

[ED] BTW, I fixed that shading issue I have with guard rails and it was more simpler than I thought. When I exported the 3ds model from blender it recorded the light I had in the model (I need the light in blender to view renders). I remove the light when I export it and I don't have this issue. Thanks for pointing out the normals, it's what led me to this conclusion in the end.

Nice trucks! But, if you're intending to create a sobject with them, you'll need to create one truck per color, unfortunately. There's no way to change only the color of one sobject's component. Their textures are atributes of model, by changing them you'll change the object as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back