What movie did you watch and what did you think of it?

there's more but you might want to watch "Ghost in the Shell" 1 & 2, "Grave of the Fireflies" and "Jin Roh" too while you are at it and haven't seen them yet ^^
Watched Ghost in the Shell 1, not the second yet... I've been watching mostly series these days: Elfen Lied, Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary), Higurashi no Naku Kono Ni (When they Cry), Mysterious Girlfriend X (Very surprised I liked this one, LOL) and Shiki (Corpse Demon)

All very good. I just started watching Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom...

I am not so much into series in general but I might pick up some of these soon...

...Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex is also a pretty good series, same goes for Ergo Proxy ;)

True Grit

I have seen it too and the Coen Brothers never cease to amaze me. It really is a good movie that carries a strong subcontext of humaneness while still being very close to the original novel by Charles Portis. Because of the lather it also shares many similarities with the movie from 1969 featuring John Wayne, however this Coen movie, while it is also pretty much carried by characters and lengthy dialogs which are very well done as well as very well presented by their respective actors, is trying a bit of a different approach, which I like more. This is not your typical hero/anti-hero western because here, all you'll find are just people who are trying to go about their daily life and "work" and who are more or less victims of their own circumstances and a misanthropic society.

9/10

hr_RED_2_2.jpg

8/10

I liked the first one a lot, the second one was even better - popcorn movie but yeah, pretty good.​

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Hunger Games- Catching Fire
Great film, as good as the first one, a must see. If you haven't seen The Hunger Games...why not??:confused:

Enders Game
Wasn't expecting much from this, but I really enjoyed it. It's an intelligent sci-fi flick that doesn't get lost in itself. Well worth watching.

i have Watched: Harold and Kumar go to White Castle (2004) (Known in other countries as Harold and Kumar get the Munchies)

I wouldn't recommend to anyone under the age of 16-17 it is extremely Crude, but also extremely funny.

it features 2 flatmates Harold (a Asian-American who works with a Bank doing financial paper work and a very short temper) and Kumar (a Indian with a strong american accent, who struggles to get into med school and also he smokes weed, even with Harold) and hey both find a fast food place, but find out they want something to 'really hit the spot' and when a commercial for White Castle came up they are drawn to it and they went to find it and along the way they always get sidetracked, which i will not explain on here (too graphic)

so if you are a fan of crude and funny parody films of such then Harold and Kumar go to White Castle is the one for you

4 of 5 Stars

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug

Just seen it. Really impressive with HFR, not much of a serious script, but fantastic action sequences. I think they did the best whatever you can do from a simple child's fairy tale book. I wish i could be more detalied, but can't for spoiling reasons. :D

8/10

Tim Ling

Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug

Please realise that I am a fan of Tolkien. As I hadn't wanted to watch the first part of the Hobbit, I watched it on Netflix, and was very surprised that I enjoyed it, especially as the story had been changed for the cinema. So I decided to go and see part 2.
Big mistake.
Too long...much too long.
I could go on about how Peter Jackson has ripped large parts of the book to shreds, how he has brought things in which are ridiculous, but if you aren't a Tolkien fan, you probably won't care.
Did I mention it was TOO LONG?
In all fairness, Smaug was VERY good though, just how an evil dragon should be.
The action sequences were very good, and funny, but often went on too long.

5/10 from me

And I'll wait until the last ones on Netflix before I bother watching it.

I have seen the first hobbit and i found it really really bad. What bugs me about it is the over the top CGI action scenes. There is a limit to what you can do with CGI untill it becomes something ridiculously stupid. The hobbit had overdone the CGI by a factor of 10, which turned the movie into a running joke for me. I much rather watch something like Pan's Labyrinth or The neverending story.

Hoosiers (1986)

This follows a small town basketball team in Indiana. For someone who does not care for basketball a whole lot, I enjoyed this movie very much. I also think for being nearly 27 years old, it has aged very well. So thumbs up to this movie. :thumbsup:

Kart Racer (2003)

"14-year-old Watts Davies is estranged from his dad, a former International Karting Federation (IKF) champion. Watts's resolve to race in the upcoming IKF Regional Championships rekindles their relationship as they pursue the dream together." Taken from internet movie database. Although a feature film in Canada, the best it could do outside was get a TV premiere on the US channel ABC Family.

It has a few goofs, such as that the go karts and go up to 100 MPH (100 KPH yes, but not MPH) and the fact that the engine sounds sound more like a formula type car than a go kart. But if these can be over looked, I think it is a rather good movie. Seeing as it has to do with racing and was well done, two thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also, seeing as it was lacking in commercial success outside Canada, it can be seen for free on the Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB). I live in the US so I do not know if will work for other countries. :unsure:

so when i was little i use to watch the stupidest movies and think they were like the coolest now that im 15 i know they were stupid

ex.
phantom of the megaplex
the candy man
elmos world
the tellatobies go to mars

and all that other crap.

Tim Ling

ROBOCOP (2014 re-make)

I love the original-the whole thing is so OTT, it's great. So I was sceptical about the remake, but the wife wanted to see it, so off we went.

The film keeps close to the spirit of the original. Interspersed throughout the film were various one-liners, though the classic "Can I......zip this up?" wasn't there :D

The film is also far more political, with underlying themes dealing with combat drones and manipulative media. These are well concealed within the plot though, and don't get in your face.

What's the action like? Great :thumbsup: The whole film is really good, the actors fit the parts well, and Joel Kinnaman as Robocop is top notch. I was very surprised to see that the film (in the UK at least) is a 12A. Yes, a film with Samuel L. Jackson, is a 12A. That means very little swearing...until SJ gets bleeped out at the end :p

Really enjoyed this 8.5/10:thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 132 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%