What Laptop/PC is best

Hello people,

I would be very grateful if you could give me some advice, I have been playing RBR on PS2 for years and I now want to change to a Laptop/pc to play online, The only reason I am buying a laptop/pc is to play this game it won't be used for anything else, So my question is what Laptop/PC should I buy??? (the laptop/PC will be connected to a tv to play the game on) please can anybody help as I don't want to waste my time and money buying something which isn't good enough to run this game properly, my budget is £1000 please help

Cheers Mark.

I think you'd be hard pushed to find a new laptop that couldn't play RBR, hardware has been out performing software for a while now in PCs.

Personally I don't like the idea of getting a laptop for gaming, I always build my own desktop and I'm getting the best part of 10 years out of a rig before a complete overhaul. Building is not nearly as difficult as it would seem either, if you played with lego as a young lad you have all the skills necessary to build a PC.

I put together an old system for a friend of mine to play rbr on, it's using a 6 year old graphics card and still runs rbr nicely at 1920x1080 on his hd tv.

Get a decent intel core i5/i7 based mobo/ram/CPU bundle and add a mid-range graphics card and you'll be set.

Buy a decent power supply tho.

Maybe even start with a used old PC bought on *b*y or anywhere. Really! Recommended stats are: 2.6 Ghz, 512 MB (on XP supposedly, so better double it just in case), GPU with 128 MB (examples: Radeon 9800, Geforce FX5600). This may be a chance to buy a used system starting from 1 Dollar. Sorry, 1 GBP. Really! This is my serious thought!!!
You should have everything capable of 20% faster speed or even more, but your TV screen resolution will be rather small? Please think of some power maybe neccessary for the online addon of your choice (if you want to play online that is).
But when you have a "new" PC, why not use it for several more? Shopping, gaming, storage for pictures etc.
Where are you online right now?

Mark 1989, as it already has been pointed out, it shouldn't be too much of a problem finding yourself a laptop that runs all the original RBR stages smoothly.

However, things can get more complicated if you'd like to enhance your RBR experience with BTB stages. Or perhaps not, as I know nothing about modern gaming laptops, to be honest, but this is something you need to remember and consider.

BTB stages are naturally inconsistent in terms of performance, and I would guess that there isn't a gaming laptop in the world that would run smoothly every BTB stage ever created. But with a clever choice you can be sure that most of them will run fine.

So to BTB or not to BTB? That is the question.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back