What lap times do you guys get on Palm Springs Roadcourse A, using GT3 cars

I've only been sim racing properly for about 3 days now and I have mostly been practicing on Palm Springs RoadCourse A using the Bentley Continental GT3 racecar.

My lap times started off poor I was doing 1:32's after my 1st day I started doing 1:25/1:26, I decided I was ready to race and set difficulty to 87% I came 3rd place due to the AI punting me when I lapped him.

I decided to challenge myself further and cranked the difficulty up to 120% to my horror the AI were doing 1:21/1:22 lap times, I was being destroyed. I went back to practicing and tried everything to narrow down my lap times but was failing to get better than 1:25, by fluke I managed 1:24 once. I came up with a plan and pressed I-Key and let the AI take control of my vehicle as I watched to see where they broke and turned in and accelerated, I regained control of the car but failed to replicate the AI's abilities, even after hours of trying, best I ended up with was a 1:24.747.
Having gave it my all and still failing to get my lap times nearer to 1:22's the fun of having a rig, wheel and pedals turned into anger for spending so much money and being a utter failure.

Sooo I was just wandering what sought of lap times do you guys get around there, and is it normal to be this bad for my first week of simming?

Also i run default setup, maybe thats part of the issue? Was wandering if anyone could share there setups for the track please? Thank you! - Looking forward to your answers and help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta ask: So being new to simracing, why would you expect to beat or match the AI at 120% difficulty? At 100% difficulty, they should mostly match reality (not true for all tracks or cars, but generally that's the target).

Anyway, you seem to be doing fine with your laptimes. I haven't driven Palm Springs much, so popped in to run a couple laps blind and got 1:27s with the "GT3 World Series" Bentley (in case you're using a different mod), realroad:testteam_medium.

Thanks for the reply, I dunno I have an obsession of trying to be the best possible, oh and also ty I did know that 120% was unrealistic, completely new to Rfactor2 as well as simming. Yes that's the exact mod I have been using ;). Thanks for the reply bud

I've just checked my R2LA stats, and I've got 3 cars (all from the Apex GT3 mod) all in the 1:25.xxx and one in the 1.27.xxx. It looks like you know how to push a car a bit.

I gotta ask: So being new to simracing, why would you expect to beat or match the AI at 120% difficulty? At 100% difficulty, they should mostly match reality (not true for all tracks or cars, but generally that's the target).

Anyway, you seem to be doing fine with your laptimes. I haven't driven Palm Springs much, so popped in to run a couple laps blind and got 1:27s with the "GT3 World Series" Bentley (in case you're using a different mod), realroad:testteam_medium.

100% difficulity doesn't mean much in general. On some combos AI is competitive with this settings, and on some they are 7 or 8 seconds off-pace and stuff like that.
You never know what you get unless it is stock content only

Also i run default setup, maybe thats part of the issue? Was wandering if anyone could share there setups for the track please? Thank you! - Looking forward to your answers and help.
This will be part of your problem, default setups will only get you so far, to be as quick as possible you need to setup and fine tune your car for the particular track you are driving on, have a look here for various help and info for setting up your car in rF2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%