1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What is your wheel degrees?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Mika Kerttula, Feb 2, 2014.

1. I use 180 degrees. I tried 270 but it was hard to turn. How about F1 addon for this game? I have T500 with GTE addon.

2. I user the F1 ad on with 540°/24 lock, with the GTE I use the same.

3. 540 degrees? Like rally car? I do not think so. Perhaps I use 180 because it turns car smoother.

4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I use 900* with a steering setting of 32 ingame and i find it perfect. Used with a max steering speed of 230.

I use them in both DTM and the main R3E

5. I think the real DTM cars are using something like 360° wheel rotation (lock-to-lock).

Look at that Norisring-video (at 0:35) and Turn 1, which is a 180° corner.

6. I switched to 900° recently because of AC and the rest, no need to change my wheel settings now.

@Ernie
    Depends on the wheellock you use, I don't turn more than the real guys.

7. I see, gotta test those setups

8. Yes for sure. I only wanted to show, that they haven't something like 540° (e.g. GT cars) or 900° wheel rotation. Also because of that F1-style steering wheel.

9. Driving DTM car is great with GTE. I would like to read your experiences with F1 addon. Is it good investment for racing and rally?

10. It's a little bit bigger than the GTE which I dislike. It's also very good for GT cars but not for rally, I think.
    I wrapped bicycle steering wheel tape around it to get a better hold.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

The F1 addon is amazing with, (yep, you guessed it), F1 sims, but outside of open wheelers, i've barely used it. The GTE gets used the most these days, its just so fun to use.

For older cars, like in GTL, i use the original rim, but thats just the way i roll!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I just watched DTM wheels and they were "F1 style", compact consoles

13. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Fwiw I use 540 and around 26 degrees lock, works just fine with most of the cars.

14. Works for me also

15. I use 540/28

16. I guess I just prefer a faster response, I like 270-360 on almost all of my racing games and sims. The only sims that I use anything above that is AC, iRacing, and rFactor 2 which I use 900.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  17. I have a Logitech G25. I don't use any force feedback but here are my settings:

LOGITECH PROFILER:
    Wheel Rotation: 900 degrees

IN GAME:
    Steering Lock: 40
    Speed Sensitive Steering: 0
    Min Steering Speed: 0
    Max Steering Speed: 0
    Analog Sector 1: 10
    Analog Sector 2: 10
    Analog Sector 3: 10
    Return Multiplier: 10
    Steering Sensitivity: 75%
    Throttle Sensitivity: 50%
    Brake Sensitivity: 50%
    Clutch Sensitivity: 50%
    Steering Dead Zone: 0
    Throttle Dead Zone: 0
    Brake Dead Zone: 0
    Clutch Dead Zone: 0

18. Strange message, what do you understand with "i don't use any ffb?"
    Whats the sense of your settings, with such declaration? No offense here, just asking ;)

19. I don't find it "strange". I just copied & pasted a post I made in an older thread that dealt with steering settings & force feedback into this one.

20. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I think he meant its strange to use a wheel but not use FFB, as though you turn off the FFB effects.