Cars What is your method of checking bump steer for suspension?

The AC's setup screen is great to check and adjust the car's camber and toe. But bump steer is suspected when the car understeers or oversteers, how do you check it?

Not using telemetry data, I supposed I can drive and watch the Suspension App on the screen at the same time but that is like patting my head and rubbing my stomach at the same time. Or learn to use telemetry apps/tools.. Is there a way to do this so that I can set/adjust the WBCar and Tyre_steer position quickly to minimize bump steer or manipulate the toe curve?

I love to learn the secrets from the AC suspension gurus.

Until then, this is my crude, slow and iterative process of setting the steering rod position:
  • Preparation: With my notebook, suspension.ini file opened with a text editor, and CM's showroom showing the supension links, I put the car in Drive mode on Skidpad, somewhere flat and easy to load.
  • Record the toe value at the rod_length value.
  • Record the toe value at 2 cm lowered, rod_length -20.
  • Record the toe value at 2 cm higher, rod_length + 20
  • I am trying to reach where the toe values varies as little as possible. Or have a bit increasing toe-in going both bump and rebound direction
  • Move the WBCAR and WBTYRE_steer and recheck
Yes, this is an iterative process and may take a long time. And everytime a rideheight is changed, it might be useful to recheck.

I appreciate if you can share your method. How do you come to the "right" steering rod position in suspension.ini?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.