What is your ideal weapon?

I like Swords, particularly, the ones with longer blades.

One-handed - Longswords, Broadswords, Katanas (if held properly and trained thoroughly in holding it one-handed), and Scimitars

Two-handed - Claymores, Zweihanders, Katanas

In terms of a gun, here are my preferences:

Older guns - Revolver; Tanegashima

Newer guns - Glocks and any sniper rifle

To be honest, I am not really into guns.

I was thinking of practising archery, but, I don't want to unintentionally kill someone even though I am shooting targets.

I know most of you are a sensible lot, but, please do the following:

Before you reply, please refrain from talking about killing anything, unless you were hunting animals like foxes for people in Britain and France. I won't look down or up on you if you hunt for sport; that is something I prefer not to do in good conscience. If I hunt, I do so only for food.

And in good conscience, I don't believe someone like myself who has Aspergers' should carry any lethal weapon and I hope my jurisdiction does its part in making sure of that.

My father and share a collection of nine rifles and four handguns. We don't hunt, but we used to go to the rifle/pistol range a lot when i was younger. Now many of the ranges have been shut down and have been replaced with houses. Our guns now sit uselessly in a gun safe.

When i used to go to the range i would take with me

Ruger #1 300 win magnum for 250yard targets
Ruger M14 .223 cal for 100 yard targets
Ruger 10/22 .22 cal for 25/50 yard targets

Smith & Wesson M1006 10mm pistol for the pistol range. Targets there were set at 25 yards.

Ive been a shooter & a hunter since my teens
Here in Oz it's all but impossible to own any rifle or shotgun thats semi-auto & since the ban on ownership for self defence, gun crime here has soared through the roof!

I prefer my centerfire bolt actions to be built on k98 Mauser actions, Ive had several over the years & still have a couple...
My all time favourite (now on my second one) is my 8x57mm Mauser which is basically a re-stocked ex-WW2 rifle that has had a 3-9X40 Leupold 'scope fitted.
Fairly accurate & carries more stopping power than most beasts need on this continent.
I also have a 6.5mm/.284 Norma on another Mauser action with medium heavy-weight 26" barrel, after-market detachable magazine & 8-32x56 Nightforce 'scope.
Highly accurate & probably the most suitable centerfire for an 'all-round' here in Oz.
I started work on a.223Remington/5.56Nato fed on a 'mini-Mauser' action (Mark-X) with a 26" Heavy-weight barrel when the money from my last permanent job ran out.
It still needs stocking-preferably laminate -& a 'scope- probably another Nightforce, this time a 5.5-20x56.
I also have a 12gauge lever-action Winchester re-make by a Norinco subsiduary.
Bloody good tool for chasing pigs in confined places such as blackberry patches & wot-not....
And then there's the babies/the little ones...
Im part way through re-building my fathers.22K Hornet on a Martini-Henry action which is a single shot lever action that was available in the colonies for Police & training of Army Cadets & was originally available in .310.
I also have a .22Lithgow single shot bolt-action (now highly modified & almost obligatory to own one down here ;-) ) & a CZ/Bruno .22bolt-action repeater that was used successfully until recently by myself & others at the local range for rim-fire events.
I also have a re-curve bow with replace-able limbs which allows me to run it at either 40 or 60lbs which I mainly use for target shooting- I find it a very relaxing thing to do actually, almost a Zen like state comparable to Golf or Rowing (Ive never played Golf though...)
As for edge-ware, when I was younger I went dogging pigs a few times & preferred using my Tanto knife for that work but these days I usually take a couple of ex-butchers knives with me for the grizzly task of bringing home the meat unless Im chasing Rabbit's, in which case I take a ground-down 'Cut Throat' razor as it is like using a sharp finger....
I'd like to get into pistol shooting but I don't see it happening for some time yet...

[EDIT] BTW, I look at my firearms not as weapons, but as tools....
It's such a shame that the majority of society have been conditioned into believing that they're not!

I'd take a Chinese sword like the Jian. A gentlemen's weapon but I would need some practice with it........

Other than that I would pack some throwing knives.......first learning how to use them of course.

And a bolt action rifle......a Mosin Nagant would do. Plus a semi auto pistol........something reliable. 1911, Makarov, Beretta 92fs.

Light Saber FTW.

Lightsaber-cutaway.jpg

lightsaber-1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back