What is the purpose?

Hi, I am just wondering what the actual purpose of ''Private Mods'' for Assetto Corsa are?

I mean mods that have never been released to the community as a whole. There are groups that just show off the mods with screenshots but have never released them. I just find it strange that's all. I still can't believe there are grown men arguing about private mods and who made them and this and that when there are more important issues going on in the world as of right now.

So if someone could please given an explanation as to the reason for private mods it would be appreciated.

To be honest in my view I find it quite pathetic. Why don't they just release their mods rather than being mean and keeping them to themselves.

I know this thread will probably have regular members sniping at me from a far thinking ''What is he on about''. It's just a general question, something that I have wondered for a long time.

I hope one day we see some WRC mods for Assetto Corsa i.e the 1999 Ford Focus WRC car and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V car and maybe some others. Who knows.

Readily available? I have looked everywhere for months.
Like I implied, I'm not about to go and write an instruction manual on where to get that stuff as I don't like the idea of ripping content, they already get way more attention than they deserve.

RaceDepartment sets itself apart from many other download sites in that it doesn't support ripped content, and makes an effort to remove anything that violates these rules. That is one of the primary reasons I choose this site for creating and consuming mod content.

If you are looking for less legitimate content, this isn't the place for it :)

Like I implied, I'm not about to go and write an instruction manual on where to get that stuff as I don't like the idea of ripping content, they already get way more attention than they deserve.

RaceDepartment sets itself apart from many other download sites in that it doesn't condone ripped content, and makes and effort to remove anything that breaks these rules. That one of the primary reasons I choose this site for creating and consuming mod content.

If you are looking for less legitimate content, this isn't the place for it :)

Fair enough.

What about converting skins from other games? Say converting some skins from a Richard Burns Rally car to an Assetto Corsa car or from DiRT 4 or DiRT Rally? Is that allowed?

What about converting skins from other games? Say converting some skins from a Richard Burns Rally car to an Assetto Corsa car or from DiRT 4 or DiRT Rally? Is that allowed?
Well I'd imagine any the UVs for cars from Richard Burns to a more modern game would be vastly different, so the textures would be made from scratch anyway.

I was hoping one day we would see a tool that just converted skins over from other games to Assetto Corsa. That is wishful thinking.
Nah, never going to happen. Would only work if the exact same models were used, which is 99% not the case (there are some cases where the same model is used between multiple games, then you could potentially use the same skin with little work).

Nah, never going to happen. Would only work if the exact same models were used, which is 99% not the case (there are some cases where the same model is used between multiple games, then you could potentially use the same skin with little work).

I have found the case that on some skins It's just a simple copy and paste procedure for the .DDS files.

A few Quotes from our Terms of Service:

All information or content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any content or information that you consider to be private, confidential or violates copyright laws.

Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.

Intellectual Property and Copyright
  • If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on RaceDepartment by one of our users without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. The fastest and easiest way to notify RaceDepartment of alleged copyright infringement is to either use the “report” button, located under each forum post or resource file, or contact us directly via email.
  • Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original game files are not allowed.
  • Racing on RaceDepartment servers can only be done with legal purchased gaming and simulation software. Users using pirated software will be removed from our community.
  • When creating or uploading free to use mods, car skins, helmets, cars, tracks etc users should seek official permission first from the copyright or trademark holders.
  • It's strictly forbidden to deep-link, and bypass our site, to our resources and modding files for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so.
  • This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.
Have a great day. :) :) :)

Cheers,
Andrew

A few Quotes from our Terms of Service:

All information or content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any content or information that you consider to be private, confidential or violates copyright laws.

Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.

Intellectual Property and Copyright
  • If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on RaceDepartment by one of our users without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. The fastest and easiest way to notify RaceDepartment of alleged copyright infringement is to either use the “report” button, located under each forum post or resource file, or contact us directly via email.
  • Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original game files are not allowed.
  • Racing on RaceDepartment servers can only be done with legal purchased gaming and simulation software. Users using pirated software will be removed from our community.
  • When creating or uploading free to use mods, car skins, helmets, cars, tracks etc users should seek official permission first from the copyright or trademark holders.
  • It's strictly forbidden to deep-link, and bypass our site, to our resources and modding files for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so.
  • This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.
Have a great day. :) :) :)

Cheers,
Andrew

Thank you, I am well aware of the rules. I was simply making a post but it can be deleted now as It's not of any further use. As I said people sniping from a far.

I know that you know our rules. I've posted that just to clear things up a bit how we handle stuff like that here at RD.

Again:

Have a great day. :) :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%