What is the new horsepower limit for 2014

POWERRRRRRRRR............
video_the_italian_job_jeremy_clarkson_trailer_2010.jpg

They wouldn't be running 900bhp if there wasn't a limit because there are limits.The limit is not on the power, the power is limited by the specifications (2.4L V8) laid out and fuel efficiency required to finish a race + by the fact that the engines can not be developed further.

Same will be true for next year, 600BHP is just an estimate of where they will be with the 1.6L Turbo V6's.

I like everybody's thoughts on the matter. I don't want people to get prematurely depressed about the future of F1, because who knows how it will impact dynamics of the race until they actually get out there and start racing. I have a feeling battles for position are going to be a lot wilder next year with KERS being as powerful as it will be, especially if the engines are putting out 600 horsepower. Can't be any worse than this year, I just watch the starts and finishes basically.

While high horsepower figures are great, it's the torque numbers and curves which make F1 cars accelerate like they do.
The ability to get that torque through the drive line to the wheels and down to the pavement.. without the dreded wheelspin, will dictate how long the tires last among other things. Chassis suspension geometry will play a great part in next years car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back