What is the new horsepower limit for 2014

Nah, don't think so. If that had been the case, there wouldn't been the "crisis" reports that the Merc engines was so much more powerful than the rest.

More power and more torque will be using tyres harder though.

That is you adding you opinion/logic to it - not anything that is written down. That's quite a difference
It's more than opinion. It's common sense. If there was no limit around 600BHP the cars would be running 1000BHP next year. Unless you can give me a reason why you would pick 600BHP over 1000BHP.

Edit: However, according to this post: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/09/16/fia-to-guard-against-extreme-engines-in-2014/ the limit is imposed by fuel-flow limitations for next year, not an actual BHP limit. Because of the fuel-flow limit, there will be a theoretical maximum BHP (ie a 100% efficient engine which will not happen.)

Drive ability 600 is easier to drive assuming because i have not been in an f1 car
Drive ability comes from how well the power is transferred through the drivetrain and into the tarmac, not the actual power itself (obviously if you went for something crazy like 10,000BHP then it's different but at this level of HP...)

It's more than opinion. It's common sense. If there was no limit around 600BHP the cars would be running 1000BHP next year. Unless you can give me a reason why you would pick 600BHP over 1000BHP.

Edit: However, according to this post: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/09/16/fia-to-guard-against-extreme-engines-in-2014/ the limit is imposed by fuel-flow limitations for next year, not an actual BHP limit. Because of the fuel-flow limit, there will be a theoretical maximum BHP (ie a 100% efficient engine which will not happen.)

You answered yourself kinda there - and I guess you can easily say, that there are no 600 HP limit ;)

Yup, with a theoretical maximum as you said. But that theoretical is not 600, and as the dev. progress we will get gradually more powerful engines.

My point was not that it was free for all, I just pointed out that there was no rule that limited the engines to 600.
Fair enough. The FIA are also restricting development next year to stop the engines getting too efficient on the current fuel flow. They say next years lap times will be similar to this years.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%