1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What is the most underestimated car in the RACE Series?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bram, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

For me its the Volvo 850 from STCC The Game 2. Brilliant car but it seems not many people are interested to race it.

What do you think is the most underestimated car?

2. Production cars, Viper/Gumpert/Koenigsegg/the american muscle cars.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Lol ;) I haven't gotten into all of them, so can't really say. I like them all up until now :)

4. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Radical and FBMW..

5. CCX Production (1000BHP).
    On http://www.raceroom.net/leaderboards/race-07-series/ there is a 6:37.8 CCX production Nords time.
    Wowza!

I watched a 6:40.8 CCX Production Nords lap and live recorded the last part of it.

I did a high speed test run at Le Mans 77 Mulsane Straight and got 245MPH with max tire pressure.

6. Agreed. I literally hadn't touched them until this weekend. The Gumpert and Audi are great fun to drive, though I'm less keen on the muscle cars.

7. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

I would say Radicals.

One of the most fun cars in the game and they are very rarely driven

8. I like the production cars as well. Specifically the Audi, Viper, and Cadillac.

I love the BMW 2002 from the retro cool class as well. That car is a lot of fun to drive.

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller
    The one and only Premium Member

Radicals. And the BMW 320i E46.

10. I don't know if the radicals really are underestimated. They may not be very popular, but they stand a fair chance against GT Pro cars, and I don't think anyone's ever disputed that.

Around Nordschliefe in Time Trial mode, I found the Radical SR4 252hp had little trouble keeping up with a GT1 Aston Martin DBR9. In fact, there's a lot of places where it's actually faster. Loads of grip, and a terrifying power-to-weight ratio. But I've never seen anyone suggest otherwise, so I don't think they count as underestimated.

11. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Gumpert... After doing the RDGTC signup list, Gumpert is high on the underestimated cars list... So many signups, so little choices on the gumpert...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

I understand underestimated as underused.

Bram's OP was suggesting that also.

13. This - the '08 Dodge Challenger SRT8 from musclu cup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was also pretty surprised when Gumpert wasn't more popular in RDGTC, that for me is ATM the most underrated car,, One the quickest car in the its class and it handles well, much better than maybe overrated C6R..

15. Bram

Bram

I personally love the C6R but it doesn't suit most people. The whining about the Gumpert I don't get either. Just like you said Kennett that car is one of the best in class. Very allround and imo a championship contender in the right hands

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'd like to add another to the list: The Alfa Romeo 156, both versions.

I've maintained that ever since I first got RACE 07. A beautiful-looking car that handles brilliantly and has its fair share of competitiveness in its class. There's a reason Giovanardi dominated the ETCC and James Thompson finished 3rd in the 2007 WTCC season!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bram

Bram

And Augusto Farfus almost won the 2006 WTCC season with it, but he was beaten by Andy P at the last race I believe. Great car indeed

18. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Radicals, most fun car in all of the RACE series IMO, such a shame there has barely been any popular events for them on RD :(

19. Bram

Bram

We had one yesterday :D

20. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

The WTCC Extreme cars are good too;) there just as good as the DTM cars. Lets not forget about the V8 Supercars too!

• Like Like x 1