What is the current progress of the sim?

Interesting development.

I just built a new PC and all my rf2 problems are gone{mostly, F2 still feels weird}, but most of the other cars I tried drive beautifully.
rf2 is harder to drive than GTR EVO for example, but it's really a question of watching your weight transfer and being smooth on the brakes.
i like gtr evo. its great. however, once you have felt the road surface on rfactor 2, nothing compares.someone recently said, "I've never felt so connected with the road". You feel every bump and have to be progressive with brakes. f1 2012, and gtr...you just slam brakes on and ease of gradually. you can't slam 100% brakes on rfactor 2 or the back end steps out,perhaps the cars are a little too lively, especially when track is not green.

wish more people would join the racing club. however, there are admittedly some connection bugs, parc ferme bug sometimes crops up and the collision model...it worked better in one of the earlier builds when more car parts would fall onto road. whats happening with it?

It IS the best driving experience for me at the moment. Its amazing how connected to the track you feel and you get braver and braver as the track rubbers up. You can feel the extra grip on the rubbered part but venture off the racing line and you have to bee cautious on the throttle. My only complaint is the collision detection. Sometimes you make contact even tho there is miles of space on your screen. Really enjoying the 370's :)

Somehing new, something old coming this week according to Tim Wheathley->https://mobile.twitter.com/timwheatley1979/status/311965066452955137

I "love" both rF2 and Assetto Corsa so 2013 will be good simracing year for me. :)

I agree mate ;) Yeah, the rF2 update seems interesting :)

Yesterday I had the most amazing, sweaty, breath taking and exhilarating race with the Clio on the new Feels3 track ponzan, the other guys were on the freken limit, were all were, battling and trying to pass each other in every corner....man, it felt so real :inlove:

My legs were shaking after the race lol :laugh:

Overall I like RF2 but find some cars are too slippery and feel nothing like rubber on tarmac, possibly not helped by "real road" and the lack of rubber presets on many tracks. The cars I like the most are the 370z and some of the Historic cars as they feel more planted and natural.

Overall I like RF2 but find some cars are too slippery and feel nothing like rubber on tarmac, possibly not helped by "real road" and the lack of rubber presets on many tracks. The cars I like the most are the 370z and some of the Historic cars as they feel more planted and natural.

I tend to agree, but my main concern is that I can actually drive the game with enough practice, for example, we can drive other sims in the wet, so driving in rf2 as the track is rubbering in is just a matter of pacing till the grip comes.

Does rf2 in its current state have ai ? If so what are they like?
it does. they aren't great. you can still have a race and enjoy yourself but still an element of them following the racing line in train like formation - only veering off to overtake each other.
since the new build, i can't say too much as only just downloaded it. i was surprised to see some spinning cars in quali and yellow flags. maybe they'vre changed the cars slightly. with this being an ongoing project, i'm sure they will improve at some stage.

Overall I like RF2 but find some cars are too slippery and feel nothing like rubber on tarmac, possibly not helped by "real road" and the lack of rubber presets on many tracks.
I agree. Even if the grip becomes better after some laps, but IMHO the rear steps out way too easy e.g. with Nissan GTR or Corvette GT2. Especially in slow corners it seems that the car has almost no traction at the rear end. I tried max wing settings too, but even on a green track you should have much more grip with a GT car. I don't know if the default setups of these cars are just crappy, but the slower cars (370z, Megané, Clio) are more balanced.

This unpredictable behavior to lose the car in almost every slow corner has prevented me to drive rF2 the last few weeks.

I agree. Even if the grip becomes better after some laps, but IMHO the rear steps out way too easy e.g. with Nissan GTR or Corvette GT2. Especially in slow corners it seems that the car has almost no traction at the rear end. I tried max wing settings too, but even on a green track you should have much more grip with a GT car. I don't know if the default setups of these cars are just crappy, but the slower cars (370z, Megané, Clio) are more balanced.

This unpredictable behavior to lose the car in almost every slow corner has prevented me to drive rF2 the last few weeks.

I was already happy with default setups, I can sort of compete with others online.
Was just driving on Fuji, I always drive default setup because of lack of knowledge how to setup a car, than I tried someone else his setup and it was very different, way more balanced, so I guess setup does makes a difference, but not a world difference for me. practice made me go quicker by 2 or 3 seconds over the last year.

A lack of traction I solve with short shifting, making sure my entry is good (less speed into corner), so I make sure I have as much of a straight line out of the corner. And I change the way I drive with every car, adapting to the car. Still I have to admid it's tricky at times, but for me I just love that:)
Perhaps my tips can help you cope better at low speed corners.

The GT2 car has traction control in real life I believe;)

Not sure if this helps but for me this is a very telling video because I believe it demonstrates how controllable rf2 can be. This is a 60s F1 car, default setup, full tank of gas, no assists, clutch + h-shifter. Many agree this is a dangerous car/track combo and some say the most challenging there is. If what many say is true then how could this lap be possible? The Vette can be a handful indeed but I believe all lot of what some folks are experiencing is the lack of feeling regarding how powerful the Vette is. Without inertia it is hard to appreciate the power and mash the throttle and yes u will spin out. It is also true that setups can neutralize oversteer to an impressive degree unfortunately ruining the fun of having to balance the car and the throttle IMO.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%