F1 2010 what is the better line ????

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
i want to know wat the quicker liine is . by that i mean when braking you start on wide line , right . then you have possibilities. you can eitherlean your car already towards a corner already ( e.g. Alonso 2003-2006) and run short apexes , or take a classic wide line in ( e.g. Jenson Button ) . thanks for answering

It isn't clear cut like that, but i think that f1 2010 in particular is more suited to steering quite agressively, closer to Alonso style, instead of the classic slow in fast out, just throw the car at the apex as hard as possible and pick up the throttle midcorner.

You still have to brake at right spots however, otherwise you just understeer wide.

For most corners the whole wide line on entry > apex > wide line on exit is the quickest route by trying to use the straightest arc possible through the corner. Occasionally there are exceptions to the rule though. Hairpins for instance i find myself running wide deiberataly then turning late towards the apex and getting back on the power early, this allows you to be in a straighter line coming out of the corner therfore adding to your speed on the following straight. Dont forget aswell that sometimes you will have to comprimise your line if you are going through a sequence of corners. Running wide on exit isnt always the way forward, keeping a tight line can pay off if it means a nicer arc for the last corner that leads onto a straight.

For most corners the whole wide line on entry > apex > wide line on exit is the quickest route by trying to use the straightest arc possible through the corner. Occasionally there are exceptions to the rule though. Hairpins for instance i find myself running wide deiberataly then turning late towards the apex and getting back on the power early, this allows you to be in a straighter line coming out of the corner therfore adding to your speed on the following straight. Dont forget aswell that sometimes you will have to comprimise your line if you are going through a sequence of corners. Running wide on exit isnt always the way forward, keeping a tight line can pay off if it means a nicer arc for the last corner that leads onto a straight.
i see what you all mean . but in australia for example you are ALOT quicker ith the very early turn ins . while on tracks like korea you are slower that way

In my view its very hard to generalise.
Corner exit speed onto the fast section is the critical issue. You will manage higher exit speeds using the whole track (wide-apex-wide)in an isolated corner.
The game changes in combinations of corners and you must give priority to to fastest sections. eg Maggots Becketts complex at Silverstone. IE Max poss speed in the first right (1 downshift) then left turn (two downshifts). Then heavy braking and downshift to 3rd to prioritise the exit onto hangar straight with a nice slightly light apex. This will give you highest maximum exit speed which will infuence your speed for a very long fast straight.
In my view the onboard of quali laps gives you the ideal line for speed.
Race laps often involve compromising entry to gain track position.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%