1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the acceptable input lag if you are looking into competitive racing?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Alexis Clapano, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Alexis Clapano

Alexis Clapano
    Premium Member

I am wanting to upgrade to a bigger screen and money has become an issue for me...I am looking into buying 3 28" TV which according to reviews produce around 38 ms of input lag.

Will this be enough?

Thanks for the input.
  2. It will be a handicap. Is it 38 ms with the leo bodnar input lag tester or by the CRT test? Leo bodnar give higher numbers. If it´s constant you can compensate some for it but it´s when you go over the limit and on turn in it can cause some issues with timing. I need at least under 20 ms or I can easilly see the difference in correcting slides etc.
  3. I was looking at 32 inch tv's but in the end I went with 27inch monitors due to the reason above
  4. Alexis Clapano

Alexis Clapano
    Premium Member

5. Hmm have Sony went bad again. They had really low input lag on their previous models so you could investigate their 2013 models or whenever they launched the W6-W9 series.

Though I am on my second W6 the first lasted 1,7 years so not sure I dare to recommend them.