F1 2012 What is Optimal R&d approch???

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I am driver 1 in force india in my sesson 2 I had one choice to make a deciesion to make the R&D stop and let team to get advantage in Australia next year .

What advantage I get from it???

What disadvantage I get in my current season???

Does updates make huge diif in performance???

Basically you will decide if the team focuses on the design of the next season's car, or continues to work on upgrading your current car. A good question to ask is how competitive you are in the championship and will some more upgrades help you achieve better goals in your current season.

F1 2012 R&D Strategy.jpg

Does this help you out at all?

Same question for me.
I had the opportunity to stop R&D, 4th season Mclaren.
Currently 1st in championship. But I chose to continue R&D. as mercedes and lotus are getting closer to my pace race after race, too risky to stop it.

For the ones who tried to stop R&D, how good is the car next year in Australia?? Do you feel a big difference?

First of all: are you going to continue in the same team the next season? If not, don't stop R&D. If you have planned to continue in the same team stop R&D and the next season you will have a more competitive car since the start. This is my opinion.

Yes, that's true, I thought about it when I chose. as I want to move.

But I wondered, let's say you're driving for caterham, and the car is not competitive, if you stop R&D, will you be able to score points and go for podiums the next year, or is it the car just a little better. How big is the performance gain?

Yes, that's true, I thought about it when I chose. as I want to move.

But I wondered, let's say you're driving for caterham, and the car is not competitive, if you stop R&D, will you be able to score points and go for podiums the next year, or is it the car just a little better. How big is the performance gain?

The car will be a bit better, but for Caterham... it's difficult to say something about that. Caterham is one of the worst cars so even with a better performance it will be difficult to reach good results, in normal conditions...

I don't know how big will be the performance gain. Think about that other teams could do the same and stop R&D thinking on the nest season...

In a season you are improving your car race by race, but the other teams are improving their cars too. There is a lot of variability in the game. Finally, with Caterham, with improvements or not it will be impossible to battle for the championship, as I said before, in normal conditions...

thanks for your answer.

I think I'll try to test the different R&D approaches as soon as I finish my current carreer. It must be very challenging to start a career with a bad car, and stay the 5 years with the same one, trying to improve it and eventually achieve good results.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%