What is Nico Rosberg doing in 2017?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Obviously too chicken to defend his F1 title but does that mean he will not be racing at all anymore in 2017?

I don't think we will see him back in any other racing class/car/competition. Too chicken to defend his title... I think he is mentally not up for it...another year trying to beat Lewis... Last year he was kinda lucky winning it....

I think Nico is relaxing in his chair and laughing to everyone who does not respect his achievement, calling him a chicken, a cheat, a not worthy champion, fill in the blank...

He achieved his goal: a WDC.

Well, he is having a good time ...that little chicken....and he has enough money to do so.

18c119e6fff6afcc9d2017938270ee5d.jpg
:ninja:

Going out with a bang.

He could only go down. He has achieved his goal. What are your achievements in life? He is 31. Has a wife, child.. good life WDC... He could continue. And he would have to stand up against a ultimately motivated driver, who feels he has been treated bad by his team, feels as if there should be only one world champion and that is he. Tons of fans of him think the same. Tons hope to see Nico going down. Because he is a chicken, not a worthy champion, a cheat, a nono.... fill in the blanks...

Now he is sitting on the couch having a perfect life and laughs at tons of so called fans who can not stand that a world champion F1 stops at the height of his career.

Tons hope to see Nico going down.
Good reason to try and become a 2x wdc? Now he went out with a bang and will be remembered as the driver that had by far the best car and beat his more skilled teammate because of bad luck that Hamilton had.

No I am not a Hamilton fan either. Was happy for Nico to win and silence Mr superstar but retiring altogether was a bit meh

Going out with a bang.

He could only go down. He has achieved his goal. What are your achievements in life? He is 31. Has a wife, child.. good life WDC... He could continue. And he would have to stand up against a ultimately motivated driver, who feels he has been treated bad by his team, feels as if there should be only one world champion and that is he. Tons of fans of him think the same. Tons hope to see Nico going down. Because he is a chicken, not a worthy champion, a cheat, a nono.... fill in the blanks...

Now he is sitting on the couch having a perfect life and laughs at tons of so called fans who can not stand that a world champion F1 stops at the height of his career.

This ^^^ well said. He has got what he dreamed of. He is only the 3rd person to win the F1 world championship since 2010 too. Now he can sit back, think of his family and enjoy life. Good for him I say.

Good reason to try and become a 2x wdc? Now he went out with a bang and will be remembered as the driver that had by far the best car and beat his more skilled teammate because of bad luck that Hamilton had.
And when had Hamilton bad luck? That only moment that his engine failed in Malaysia? Was that the decisive moment? Motorsports is a technical sport. If your engine fails, yes bad luck. But Nico had his share too.

What i think that is the biggest bs of all is the quote that Nico won because the team switch around him. He got Lewis' team around him.
Yes, so???
That means that Lewis had the best team for two years. Which gave him a huge edge on Nico.
Then the tables were turned.

It is simply ridiculous that some simply can not accept that a driver quits after he achieved his goal: WDC. No, he MUST defend it, and if not he is a cheat, a .... bla bla bla...

There were drivers in the past who BLOCKED good drivers to be their team mate!

It is simply ridiculous that some simply can not accept that a driver quits after he achieved his goal: WDC. No, he MUST defend it, and if not he is a cheat, a .... bla bla bla...
Where did I say all that? Never called him a cheat and I am glad for him he won the title. I just think not defending what you earned is kinda chicken indeed. A true champion would have fought for his title.

SOME said, some!

Ok, he would continue, and have that #1 on his car. And at the end of the season he ends 3rd, or 4th... What did he gain? Even when he would add a second title it would not add anything to his goal he had. He wanted to get a world title. And he already did.
And he has fought the whole 2016 campaign to get that title. Even when he knew Lewis was the benchmark. In fact he admitted that.

There are enough people who want a second, a third, then a fourth, then a fifth, oh yes a sixth would be cool, wow a seventh... success, maximum, achievements ...
He is not one of them.
He is 30+, had a long F1 career, achieved his goal. Good. now a good life.

He got a world championship, and no one can ever take that away from him. The amount of sacrifice for his family and personal life is likely more than we could ever imagine. So perhaps to now relax, enjoy the victory, and then at a later date start enjoying a different form of racing may make sense. I would speculate in the next couple years we will see him racing something else professionally.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%