Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Sep 18, 2011.
Far less standard cars and more tracks. Imagine GT5 with the tracks Race07 has :tongue:
An option where we can select the cars we're going to race with and changing laps at A-Spec.
Allowing to chose any car from our garage at Arcade mod.
More real tracks.
Qualification session, it's ridiculous always start at 7th at A-Spec or last at the other races and at 2nd lap we are in the lead and win with almost 1 lap of advantage.
And most important, an 'AI' with really good 'I', worst AI I ever raced against. Trully annoying.
Uh-oh... you've opened a can of worms here Hiroshi! :wink: I'll stick to things that are realistically possible (many of which should have been in the game anyway). Here goes...
- A free run practice mode in which you can change cars/tracks on the fly, and enable tyre wear. (ie, like your personal lobby)
- A single race mode in which you can set restrictions and allow the AI to pick their own cars.
- A free run mode in A-Spec races to allow you to familiarise yourself with the track.
- AI should mean Artificial INTELLIGENCE, not Artificial IGNORANCE. As Paulo said, worst AI I've raced against in a game.
- Scalable AI. Different abilities require different difficulties in order to make races a challenge.
- The ability to set the network mode used in your personal lobby. (ie, mesh or star)
- The ability to restrict access to your own personal lobby.
- The ability to kick people from your own personal lobby.
- The ability to disable the chat box during races.
- The ability to disable name tags.
- The ability to set cutting penalties and ramming penalties independently.
- The ability to set power/weight restrictions and PP restrictions at the same time.
- A dedicated qualifying session which is not affected by people joining the lobby or leaving the track.
- Flags! Yellow for an accident, blue for back markers, black for unsportsmanlike conduct. (Linked to the penalty system)
- Axis adjustments for wheels. (Throttle/brake/steering sensitivity)
- The Ability to disable the HUD timers, driver list, lap counter, etc while retaining the instrument panel.
- Proper replay controls. (ie, fast forward, rewind, slow motion, etc)
- More tracks, particularly real world locations such as Spa and Silverstone.
- A few more standard cars converted to premium, but not more cars overall. (Some more premium classics would be nice)
- Full gift system re-enabled. Why penalise us all because of a minority abusing the feature?
- Allow the Ferrari F1 cars onto the track with other cars!
- An option to disable the ridiculously exaggerated slipstreaming affect in both online and offline modes.
Ok nevermind about mine I fully agree with on all that you wrote up Ross,also it would be nice to be able to adjust steering axis , without having to buy a Fanatec Wheel.
Let me add the option of disabling force feedback without affecting the steering torque, as we have in Dirt 2.
May I add: I would like to see less clowns hosting lobbies.
Kazunori Yamauchi, i hope you read this!!
Why did you put 750+ standard cars in GT5 when 500 of them are simply bluntly put "crap"? The game does not need 1000 cars, the game doesn't need 100 skylines or whatever the amount it is. You all spent all time time "getting the game perfect", but you all forgot one very important thing: STEERING AXIS ADJUSTABILITY!! What is the matter with you all at Polyphony Digital? Were all downing too much sake when producing this game? Maybe thats why it took so long to be released! "A REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR" as you state should definately have the option to adjust and fine tune steering. If GT6 is in the works, PLEASE, I BEG YOU TO ADD STEERING AXIS ADJUSTABILITY TO THE GAME OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And if possible, actually i'm sure you have the ability to patch it in, make Steering Axis Adjustability available for GT5. Oh and another thing " LESS GARBAGE CARS AND MORE WORLD KNOWN CIRCUITS"!!! We all are basically playing a prettier GT 1 through 4. I'll be honest KAZ, if it wasn't for the fact that i got my copy of GT5 for Christmas, I wouldn't of bought the game! It's not worth $66 CDN.
Mod Edit: Merged. No sense having multiple threads along the same lines.
Kaz would probably say something like this: なぜあなたはそう怒っている若いpatawanです?
OMG Bram my stomach hurts from laughing so much!!. You're awesome man!
I have a couple of new ones:
- Allow the Ferrari F1 cars onto the track with other cars!
- An option to disable the ridiculously exaggerated slipstreaming affect in both online and offline modes. There is already a 'boost' option online, so why is it needed? At least overhaul the system to make it realistic.
It's not exactly what you're after, but do you know that you can select any car that you have tagged as a favourite in arcade mode?
I know that Ross, but right now I have almost 600 cars in my garage and we can only have 100 favourite cars.
I just want to see Porsches. the Caparo, Koeneseigg, Ariel, Morgan and all the other small companies that have real exotic cars. Not 150 Skylines and 300 capuccinos.
Unfortunately that's an issue with rights rather than a decision made by PD. Some manufacturers give exclusive rights to just one developer meaning no-one else can use their cars in a game. This is definitely the case with Porsche as EA own the rights and true to form are blocking everyone else from getting hold of them.
The game could use less Skylines though. Stupid things.
Why every time I buy a car game has to go to GT life screen and then I have to enter dealership again .
This is really annoying and wastes valuable time.
PD needs to fix this.
How about these? :wink:
I want in offline
Ability to individually delete lap records/times at tracks, you can set 5 times with 1 car, the only way to delete the 4 you don't need is a full clear, I find that annoying as I like to run different cars for different times. Would like to be able to skip to the fastest lap in a replay, especially useful for endurance race replays. Faster AI, the new patch improvements hasnt changed the fact that they are too slow to race with.
As for the standards, collecting cars and different models is part of GT and always has been, they need to be there. I wish they were premiums but I would rather have them than not have them, some of them are great fun to drive.
I wish they had car testing/drag racing in the game.
All i want is a online race with my friend with a bunch of AI cars.
I want time trial leaderboards!! so I could see how crap I am against the best and also against my friends!!
Do the Time Trial Seasonal Events then. There is a leaderboard page and you can also see your friend's times.
Separate names with a comma.