1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the trial weekends on Steam?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bram, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I can remember back in the days with RACE 06 Steam had those trial weekends where potential customers could try the game for a full weekend without having to buy the content.

Wouldn't this be a good idea for the expansion packs that have been released over the years, but where the people are reluctant to buy them?

2. Last weekend there was a trial for a non-SimBin game, so they are running them still, but I haven't ever seen one for Race 07/On.

3. Yep, definitely still exist as I've seen quite a number of them over the last year or so. Can't remember any for driving games at all though, so I guess it's not a genre they're pushing at the moment. Probably should, to be honest. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that like sims but do not have computers good enough for latest and greatest games. I've never seen Race 07 on a shelf so a lot of people may not even know the series exists.

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Maybe one day we will be able to loan or swap the dlc for games.