1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the sigs? (a.k.a. The Unicorn Thread)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Jim Cole, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Just thought I would post and ask this, as I was just answering someone else's post and noticed that my sig doesn't show, nor do I see anyplace to edit it anymore.
  2. I think it has to do with RD moving to a new forum sweet in the summer. It might make it more easy for Dave to move things over or some thing.
  3. Could be, I also see that they removed images that I had on their servers that I used for posting as well.
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I can't upload pics from my computer anymore, and noticed as well our signatures are gone.
  5. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

mmm.. Why bother about sigs? Its not like you've lost your identity, but yeah they will probably come back at some point in the future.
  6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

You can upload your images to dedicated hosting sites such as http://www.tinypic.com http://www.photobucket.com http://www.imageshack.us and include them in your post using the links provided when uploading.
  7. I cant email other members it says i have to read the forum rules and sends me to the rules page. i have read them when i joined Rd and i have re read them about 4 times now but it still says the same thing?
  8. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Didnt know the email option was allowed at all. Is it? Or do you mean a private message?
  9. Yeah it was there last week bud. But now its not letting me. Its not a big thing its just nice to have there for sending big files to members nothing alegal thou :)
  10. Bram

Ill have a look then :)
  11. Bram

Try again please
  12. Use the manage attachments button :)
  13. Bram

Nope for some usergroups the image uploading has been disabled. We only have limited space on our servers of course and image uploading is not our core :) Can easily simple and fast be done via www.tinypic.com
  14. Its working now bud thanks :)
  15. Ah.
  16. Speaking of signatures...mine said if it was removed then giant unicorns would enslave us all...uhh....anyone seen any unicorns recently?
  17. Bram

Whaha that is so true :) Now i know where they came from all of a sudden :)

18. Its started already! I swear I saw a hoof earlier on today...and a white flash outside my window about 10 minutes ago...
  19. I can understand the limits on what forum areas the pics can be posted, and I use an offsite file hosting site for most of my stuff now anyways, but I was able to upload a couple of weeks ago, and I had some images up that were available then as well, so I guess you guys just purged the server to make room and set up new rules.

Perhaps a little note somewhere to inform us at times would help keep this type of thread out? :)
  20. Bram

You can still use offsite hosting like always. All older uploaded images are still there.