What happened to my WTCC 2010???

When I booted up Steam and opened up my Games Library this morning, Steam said that I hadn't downloaded the WTCC 2010 eexpansion pack (even though I have???). Has anyone else had this issue? I can download it again, but it's a pretty large file...

FM96

I'm glad that I'm not alone.

Started Race 07 this morning no Wtcc2010, I have a back up but the files are the same. i also hat to redownload and this file

''race 07_exp_mosquitopack5.gcf'' is extra now.

''wtcc 2010 race 07_exp_mosquitopack5.gcf'' this file is the old one and the same size.

Lol... so they changed the name of a file and it requires everyone to re-download? I bet people with monthly bandwidth limits and/or slow connections won't be too impressed by that. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's possible to re-name the file.

Yup, that's the trick! Just renamed it and whoops, it's showing up in Steam as installed, starting through its icon and in-game cars and tracks are there.
My opinion, Valve or Simbin should've named it that way right from the start. Guess what, in some weeks maybe they come to a clue: There is still FROG2 left^^

Btw., ugly way to neglect customers: No information at all?!? A simple "rename-patch" would've done this for sure?

EDIT:
Fine:mad: I have to re-backup my DL DVD (everything except RACE07 itself i believe)? Nope, will install it and rename it afterwards. Hope it will install:mad:

Maybe this was done to avoid pirates from playing online? Probably with a new file name they get kicked from the server :)

Not sure if that's the case. A little communication would have been nice indeed.

More on this...

Renaming worked. For those who wish to solve the issue:
  1. Make sure that Steam is closed - not just the window. I don't know about Windows XP/7 but on Vista when you close the Steam window the program keeps running - you can see it in the task bar in the bottom-right corner. To close Steam completely, click on the Steam icon in the task bar and select the "Exit" option.
  2. Navigate to your "SteamApps" Folder. It should be located at "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps" or similar.
  3. If you have already started the WTCC 2010 re-download, you need to pay attention to this instruction. If not, skip to Step 4. If you have started the re-download, you will already have a file named "race 07_exp_mosquitopack5.gcf". This can probably be deleted, but to be safe, just rename it to something like "BAK_race 07_exp_mosquitopack5.BAK".
  4. Assuming you have already downloaded/installed the WTCC 2010 Expansion Pack before, you should have a file named "wtcc 2010 race 07_exp_mosquitopack5.gcf". Rename this to "race 07_exp_mosquitopack5.gcf", making sure that when you delete the "wtcc 2010" part that you also delete the space that follows.
  5. Restart Steam (Online mode may or may not be required - I used online mode) and navigate to the Library.
  6. Select "The WTCC 2010 Pack" - even if Steam says "Download Paused" or anything like that - and click on the "Play" button. I used the WTCC 2010 launcher so I am not sure if it will work on the first attempt with a launch from one of the other options.
  7. Go Racing!
Hopefully this helps!

FM96

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline