1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What happened to my wheel settings?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Mohameddo-san, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

What happened to wheel settings? Before the patch, my Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience was working seamlessly. Something happened after the latest patch because my wheel's light is blinking.

The game only seemed to have recognised my 360 Wireless Controller, and that has been working in harmony with the wheel before the patch.

This is F1 2011 all over again with the input settings.

Enough complaining from me, I am going to uninstall and reinstall my drivers for both the 360 Controller and my Thrustmaster wheel.

MORE DETAILS - After the patch, the input from my wheel was making sudden turning manoeuvres. I tried to configure the steering saturation, deadzone, and linearity, but, I still make sudden turns!

EVEN MORE DETAILS - I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but, I still turn erratically even though I am turning only barely, whether I have the Ferrari GT profile or a custom profile.

This makes the game almost entirely unplayable for me.

Even with no connection from the 360 Wireless Controller, I still have an erratic steering wheel.

This thing did not start happening until F1 2011. Now, Codemasters may have indirectly brought the bug back.

I'm going to see if I can make a bug report to Codies.

2. I used to have one of those wheels, and had a similar problem in F1 2011. Dont think this is the case, as I'm pretty sure the wheel resets to normal after you unplug it, but you can enable a high sensitivity mode on the wheel that causes the light to blink. Don't think this is your issue, but worth checking to eliminate it? From what i remember you enable the high sensitivity mode by pulling and holding both gear shifter paddles and start (or something similar)