What graphics card do you have?

It is now 2010, and graphics power has come a long way since the early days of racer. I am positive that newer cards can support higher poly cars and tracks, and having those would bring the visual quality level up immensely.

This thread is to determine the average level of graphics processing power of the players of racer, to help modelers decide how detailed they can go with their new cars and tracks.

I have an 8800 GT and even on newer cars and tracks at max settings and 16x aa I get 60-100 fps.

Also, if you have additional detailed information about how much your computer can handle in racer, post it!

P4@3.4GHz, 2GB Ram.. Win7-64bit

Attachments

• gpuz.jpg
    gpuz.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 269
Lol. I'm sorry for you

Really? It did not cost me anything.. no need to feel sorry for me ;)

Edit: Last night I managed to enable hdr and bloom with win7 (was just fooling around with the settings) - that did not work with winxp so I am curious as if it is related to the drivers and not the card itself. Any thoughts?

Phenom X4 9950BE @ 3GHz
Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H
4GB DDR2 (2x2 sticks)
Radeon HD 3850 256MB

I have been wanting to get a Phenom II x4 965 and a Radeon HD 5850 or 5870 but I really do not actually need either of them. My 3850 still does just fine and the 84 Firebird kinda takes priority. :p

Oelmunvun:
I notice that you have made several posts in the past few days. They don't show up!

Perhaps posting after a post is the problem! You might try editing your post #28 so that it will show up and can be read.

I've noticed it too Boomer, however, I think it's a Vb problem. I noticed that posts that are made "1 hour ago" are displayed as a new post that was made 1 minute ago, not just in this thread or Oelmunvun's posts. Strange...

er, it was always working; I was never adding anything. The only thing that changed was the number of votes.
The forum software just says "OOO!OMGUPDATE! *bumps thread to top* :D " even though there was no normal post, just a vote.

just odd design I suppose. :tongue:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 04/03/2010 16:40:34
System name: TREEZONE
[Display]
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1150 (2009 MHz)
Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 2)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce 8600 GT
Driver version: 196.21
CUDA Cores: 32
Memory interface: 128-bit
Total available graphics memory: 1279 MB
Dedicated video memory: 512 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 767 MB
Video BIOS version: 60.84.54.00.00
IRQ: 17
Bus: PCI Express x8