What fps count are you getting?

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hello guys

Bought Automobilista the other day when it got available on steam, it was an insta-buy really, after seeing all the great content that came with the game.

I am having issues with fps drop/stuttering like other people on the forum here, where its mentioned. I read that some guys got it sorted out, and some havent and are in the same boat as me still. Problem is occuring at most when driving over curbs, but also while simply driving.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am here to ask you guys, what FPS count are you getting in this game, and whats your spec?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've gone through the user manual that the other users suggested, and it helped a lot, but I still get stuttering. I've tried editing settings, starting the game, editing more settings, restarting the game and so on. I've managed to make it ok where I race 6-8 opponents. Everything over that and its all royal rumble on my screen with the stuttering.

My specs are:
geforce 980 gtx
4790k - not overclocked
750w psu
G25 wheel
16GB ram
h110 hydro cooling
Windows 7
Resolution: 1920*1080.

In-game I have everything on max except shadows, shadow blur and something else that I have dialed down. my FFB strengt/effect is -80 in the game.

What kinds of FPS are people getting? I would expect to play this game on max settings with 20 cars with my type of specs without any stuttering, but to no avail. Is there anyone out here with same hardware as me, but no stuttering? So its just me? Or is it still a mass-user issue? Havent enjoyed a sim this much in a long long time, really a shame this stuff is holding me back from racing and having fun.

I tried again with GID and new update and it seemed to finally fix the GID low framerate problem, went from 30 to 90. Back to normal.

Yesterday i was taking the Copa Montanas on a heat on Cascavel.
6PM resulted in :inlove:0 FPS (even after turning shadows down to medium)
9AM ditched below 70 at times but i think high 5x was the lowest i saw.
(16 cars, everything on full, no AA)

I have it at 2560x1440 locked at 144hz with everything maxed and 2x multisample and 2x sparse grid in nvidia inspector. This game runs like a dream for me. ! get the occasional dip to the 120s, sometimes a little lower mosty with a full grid and some smoke action going on. specs are i5 6600k, 16gb ddr4 ram, gtx 980ti FTW and a Acer Predator gsync monitor

After almost a week of nightmare tweaks to have my first decent GP single-player-champ-race with Retro Cars in Buenos Aires, i think i finally got a stable 60(vsync on) / fps 80-90 (with frame limiter and vsync off) . Still not sure what i did. Special Effects low, FFB -80, Replays off ,were my last tweaks and the biggest candidates for the performance issues. But the problem now is replays. FPS can drop to 20 in race starts with 18 cars. So please, is there a way solve this? Get better when exporting it?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%