What fps count are you getting?

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hello guys

Bought Automobilista the other day when it got available on steam, it was an insta-buy really, after seeing all the great content that came with the game.

I am having issues with fps drop/stuttering like other people on the forum here, where its mentioned. I read that some guys got it sorted out, and some havent and are in the same boat as me still. Problem is occuring at most when driving over curbs, but also while simply driving.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am here to ask you guys, what FPS count are you getting in this game, and whats your spec?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've gone through the user manual that the other users suggested, and it helped a lot, but I still get stuttering. I've tried editing settings, starting the game, editing more settings, restarting the game and so on. I've managed to make it ok where I race 6-8 opponents. Everything over that and its all royal rumble on my screen with the stuttering.

My specs are:
geforce 980 gtx
4790k - not overclocked
750w psu
G25 wheel
16GB ram
h110 hydro cooling
Windows 7
Resolution: 1920*1080.

In-game I have everything on max except shadows, shadow blur and something else that I have dialed down. my FFB strengt/effect is -80 in the game.

What kinds of FPS are people getting? I would expect to play this game on max settings with 20 cars with my type of specs without any stuttering, but to no avail. Is there anyone out here with same hardware as me, but no stuttering? So its just me? Or is it still a mass-user issue? Havent enjoyed a sim this much in a long long time, really a shame this stuff is holding me back from racing and having fun.

FWIW, I have slightly lower specs (GTX970, i5-4670k, 2560x1440) but had around 120fps with around 20+ cars in-grid when I tried a single race. Followed the graphics settings in the manual (except that I didn't enable Adaptive vsync).

Have you tried disabling Adaptive vsync?

^thanks for answer. Good that people can confirm that its not my hardware.
Not sure if I have disabled adaptive vsync, but I got normal vsync enabled in the automobilista configuration tool on steam. My FFB skip is on 0, which is better than even setting it on 9. I also have everything correct according to the user manual. Cant get my head around whats wrong. I've tried fixing it half the day and digging through forums

Quite a few suggestions around the forum, and haven't tried vsync yet. Likewise, I haven't touched FFB skip yet but I believe I still have it at default, w/c is 1 I think. What difference did you notice with it at 0?

Less stuttering tbh. I tried 1,2,3- and up to 9. I also believe that I tried 20 once. I do get less stuttering the higher the number goes. But FFB updates decrease and there is less feel there the higher the number. 0 gives me good ffb and decreases my stuttering a bit

I have the same video card and cpu as you , running 5760x1080 with most stuff on full and I get 110FPS alone and about 60-80 with 10-15 cars. That's after the NVidia inspector tweaks as shown in the manual, before those tweaks I was getting 200FPS but did not look as good.

have you unticked windowed mode in the initial configuration? as people have said this causes stutter if ticked?

I have GTX970, i5-4670k, 1920x1080, Win7 Pro 64 bit, latest Nvidia drivers, 16GB RAM, T300 and don't see any stuttering at all. I have it as full screen, non-windowed, no vsync, ffb smoothing=1, AA set-up in Nvidia Inspector rather than in game. Getting a solid 150+ FPS dropping only maybe at starts but even then I don't really notice.

Gtx 750ti,
i5 2500k,
16GB RAM,
win 7, 1920x1080
all settings on max + antialiasing on max in Nvidia profiler
Haven't tried more than 18 cars
FPS: 150 - 200+ depends on track and number of cars, no microstuttering

DoubleCore 3Ghz
GTX 750 ti 2Gb
4Gb
Win7_64
Res.: 1280x720 Fullscreen (1920x1080 ca. 5 frames slower in all conditions)
Normally Vsync on (60Hz) to prevend tearing, testet with Vsync off
Most Details high or max, Special Effects medium, Shadows max, Blur Shadows off, SweetFx on
AA controlled by Nvidia standard card settings

V10 on Spa (Patricks 7560 trees..) with 24 cars from behind:
- at the Start 38-50fps, after 1 lap when the field is sorted 75-130, alone in front 120-180+

For this spec. its very good. Good job Reiza.

Last edited:
ran with 16 cars on japaraqagua, or how its spelled. I have unchecked windowed mode. its going down to fps and avarage about 24fps while its near 48 on the big straight. V sync is on. I cant take it anymore! I cant race or correct a car mid corner with 20fps avarage :(

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard: ASUS
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 32.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1866MHz
Graphics: 2560 x 1440 3720MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Logitecg G27

graphics AMS.jpg

Disable Speedo in DynHUD
180 - 340 fps mostly around 260 fps

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year