What features do you want to see in AC?

We know that many features won't be available in V1.0 of AC.

I'd like to know what features simracers want most. Give your top 5 of features that you desperately want to have in AC, and explain us why.

I'll kick it off;

In random order;

- dynamic weather
This made league racing in GTR so awesome. If you'd see the clouds coming you were already anxiously thinking about your strategy

- some form of 'iRating'. Call it 'Assetto Punto's'. Implement this in AC, and it will guarantee much more online activity. People are simple beings. They need rewards to do things. It gives a good feeling if you finish high in a strong field and then get rewarded with many 'AP's. It keeps the sim alive and busy! Desperately needed!

If it's done by a modding team, perhaps we can do it better than iRacing does (i.e. rating per car).

- Sharing setups; essential for pickup racing as well. If your driving with friends online, it's convenient to share setups straightaway while practicing, or also helping other drivers you meet online.

- Mechanical damage based on driver input. Be hard on your gears or brakes, and you'll suffer some damage. For example, missing a gear or brake fading. Too much curb hopping and you could damage your suspension. Adds an element to races.

- Tire wear based on driving style. Makes racing much more tactical.

I'm curious to know what other people deem important.

I hope they will focus on the core features that make a great simulator:
- more iconic cars accurately modelised for a diversified driving experience
- more iconic tracks laserscanned
- a maintenance of the physics engine, in case they can overcome some of its current limitations (Stefano was mentionning some experiments with the tyre model on Twitter a while ago... if I am not wrong)
- a maintenance of the AI (vast topic...)

Regarding new features, a spotter functionality could bring some life to the races.
I completely agree with these two, I have faith in Kunos to bring us some new updates in the future though.

I think this is a given with a Kunos title, the physics were improved massively with netKar Pro.

Didn't netKar have a 'Doom mode' camera or something? I heard this will be included again.

Dear Kunos!
I have a request about the mirrors in cockpit view. I think the mirrors are very realistic in iRacing.

Inside mirror: (iRacing vs rFactor2....or any other games)

izmj4xt99n1l0chcw89f.jpg

...and side mirrors (iRacing vs rFactor2)

tpqcaycqtakisv5mw1z8.jpg

Please make realistic mirrors! :cry:
If anyone agrees with me please like my post ;)

What I would like to see in AC is an option (and this has probably never been done) in which you can choose the way the game reads the signal of you brake pedal.

Every game, until now, reads the brake input signal coming from a potmeter (position). I wonder if it is possible for Kunos to implement an option that the game reads a real pressure signal from e.g. a load cell or a hydraulic brake pedal and interperet this signal as how a real car brakes.

I'm probably not making any sense because I don't even know if this is possible.

Things i would love to see:
- Tire flatspotting on lockups
- Land Rover Bowler Wildcat
- A weather system similar to F1 2012's but with less bugs. Lol
- A realistic damage model (punctures, engine failure, gearbox failure, losing gears etc.)
- Would really love to see Le Mans cars (LMP1, LMP2, etc. etc.)
- Full day/night transition 12 hours IRL = 12 hours in game. (Not sure if they already have this)

I've only recently started to follow AC properly so forgive me if these features are in the Sim (I know some might not be).
In no particular order:

1 - Weather, at least Rain/Temp/Wind/Humidity in v1.0 add to that a proper dry racing line/dynamic track surface, snow/hail etc to follow later
2 - 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound support, any game that comes out post-2005 without this is waaaay behind the times (not naming another Sim!!)
3 - RealRoad Tech, I understand this is a future feature, but as ISI have it nailed down now they have set the bar as the basic standard should be set. This for me is a must have feature and I hope Kunos get to work on it quickly post v.10
4 - Proper Day/Night cycle
5 - AI...AI...AI...and Good AI at that, not everyone has time to sift through servers to find humans to race against, some of us get 15minutes a night so we need to have a good base to have a good race and AI is important. Slightly concenred that AC will get its first AI seeing as NKPro does'nt appear to have any, hope Kunos get it right and continue to develop this area post v1.0
6 - Save Race Feature, ISI have done wonders with the Resume From Replay, whilst that is very basic is does go to show that a Save Race feature can be implemented even in very basic form. Again going for people who dont get hours and hours to race they can save races when their kids start crying or the wife starts moaning...you may laugh but its annoying as hell to be leading a Race then have to quit because the woman wants Milk & Bread from the shop!!
7 - Dynamic Track, expanding on the drying track above, Oil/Greasy surfaces, debris, marbles etc. No Sim yet has really got this right, RF2 is getting close with Marbles & drying line but theres sooo much more to a track than that.

thats all...for now!

* Interactive dashboards of every road and race car. Just like in netkar pro's single seaters and the Fiat 500. Not just a few buttons and switches but every button, switch and lever/handle.

Has been mentioned before many times but:

* Porsches

I'm probably going to get trolled for this, but I really want to have a map option in the HUD. Preferably with option for a static and rotating one and with dots with varying colours on it representing you, the race leader and then everyone else... if possible make the map moveable/scalable (i think this may already be possible if I remember correctly)

Great idea, me too! It really helps a lot when learning new tracks... and also best line option like in Shift or LFS which will change colours depending on your speed (I probably saw this feature in one of AC vids...) would be nice.

Recently started playing GTR2 for the first time and I'm blown away by how many neat features it has, especially given it's age. In AC I'd like

Night Day transition.
Dynamic weather
Evolving track
Pit Boards
Marshals with flags
AI that aren't frustrating to race!
Tyre flat spoting, punctures etc
Debris, oil hazards etc on track
Robust replay system

I could go on lol

I don't want to sound rude, but I'm glad that the AC devs have a brain, because there's an idea in there that keeps popping up in every thread that's absolutely stupid....

Who the feck cares about toggling the control for the turn signals with your mouse (How practical when driving eh ?), it's not important that all the toggles inside the car work, it's bloody useless. It's NOT a flight sim with a million of controls and it's not like you exactly have the time while on the move, most of them aren't used in racing anyway, and not exactly needed behind a monitor (Heater ? lol). Stuff like brake bias, ARB adjustments are around in most high end race cars, actually useful stuff for racing that can fit nicely on standard wheel/pedal sets. And then you got F1, but yeah... Unless you have a button box there's no way to have enough buttons to fit all the different controls of a F1, and using a bloody mouse is not a viable option, unless you have a death wish. So I guess it's out of the question to have all the fancy controls they have nowadays....

Every features should got toward improving the realism of the racing, be it weather or dynamic everything else.

- Good net code
- Good setup technicality, i.e. rFactor style, not F1 2012
- Good weather system
- Easy control customisation
- Ability to use some kerbs, many sims suffer with this, either because of bad kerb modelling or bad physics. Not EVERY kerb has to be an enemy.

Who the feck cares about toggling the control for the turn signals with your mouse (How practical when driving eh ?)

I said to use a mouse should be optionnal with keyboard (or others) and both working at the same time.
Turn signal is a control coming more from steering wheels in real life, I feel better to use steering wheel hardware switchs in that case, and same for every controls from steering wheels. Please, don't use wrong example wich is not what I said. Then, even without mouse working, having lot of controls working (if not all) is still very fine to me, mouse is the extrem way of the idea.

Like everyone, I think that dynamic wheather and day nightn cycle is more important, but we all know that we'll have it early or later.

Then I am not requesting that to devs, I know that we'll won't have it except if we do ourself. Do you think that less features modders will create, better the game will be?

You sound rude to me but as you did not want, it's ok :)

The problem though, after you map the actually useful controls to your wheel and shifter box (brake bias, ARB, lights, info screen/pitstop, wipers etc...), where is the place for the Test Drive Unlimited-style gimmicks ? Would anyone actually use those ? I just don't see the point, it's a racing game, not a driving game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%