1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What F1 Tracks Would You Like To Return?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by crannykart, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Korean GP - Yeongam (2010-2013)

10.9%
  2. Indian GP - Delhi (2011-2013)

4.7%
  3. Turkish GP - Istanbul (2005-2011)

32.8%
  4. French GP - Magny-Cours (1991-2008)

32.8%
  5. Japanese GP - Fuji (1976-1977, 2007-2008)

7.8%
  6. European GP - Valencia (2008-2012)

9.4%
  7. San Marino GP - Imola (1981-2006)

46.9%
  8. US GP - Indianapolis (2000-2007)

4.7%
  9. Argentinian GP - Buenos Aires (1953-1998)

4.7%
  10. Portuguese GP - Estoril (1984-1986)

7.8%
  11. South African GP - Kyalami (1967-1985, 1992-1993)

18.8%
  12. US GP - Watkins Glen (1961-1980)

18.8%
  13. Dutch GP - Zandvoort (1952-1985)

20.3%
  14. Canadian GP - Mosport (1967-1977)

7.8%
  15. Brazilian GP - Rio (1978, 1981-1989)

1.6%
  16. British GP - Brands Hatch (1964-1986)

17.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Which of these F1 tracks would you like to see return?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium Member

Only one pick? I'd like to see quite a few of those return.

3. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

I voted for Turkey, but modern F1 cars at Mosport would be mental.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Okay you can now pick 3 ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium Member

Now if only I could've picked Anderstorp. :D

6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

Magny-Cours, or anywhere decent enough to host a French GP as it is NEEDED on the schedule.

Imola would be a good alternative if Monza actually were to lose the GP, which I hope never happens.

After having some fun with modern F1 cars at Zandvoort, other than upgrading it to Grade 1 standards, I see no reason that F1 couldn't race there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Just look up F1 seaason 1989 and you know what i want to see return :D

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Any American city tracks such as Phoenix would be great to see again. But as the poll didn't list that option i went for Argentina

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turkey, Kyalami, Watkins Glen. I think Turkey has been copied on some new track, Kyalami is gearing up for F1 Grade 1 status, and Charlie Whiting apparently loves WG and wants to see F1 there himself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I voted for Magny Cours, because it's a sin not having a French GP while having races in countries which have no motorsports heritage at all

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Erik Springelkamp

Erik Springelkamp
    Premium Member

F1 circuits are decided on completely different criteria today. Something with money.

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

Not on the list, but I'd like to see a return to the GP of Long Beach in California, USA. I voted for my second favorite though...Fuji in Japan. Love that track for some reason.

13. people always say they want magny-cours back but it produced some of the most boring races ever. hardly any overtaking at that circuit, although it is nicely designed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

Istanbul, Fuji, Brands Hatch. The first two because they actually had awesome racing (Fuji is miles better than Suzuka for racing, and Istanbul is the best Tilkedrome by miles. Turn 8 and awesome racing? What's not to like!). Brands would probably suck as a race, but it's an amazingly challenging track that I'd love to see modern F1 cars tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

In those days it was definitely a track which did not produce many passes. But now with DRS it would be much easier.

16. The only way I'd like to see Fuji return is if it were in the 1987-1993 configuration. Adding chicanes and such after Dunlop Corner only served to slow cars down too much in a zone that drivers never truly found their rhythm. Fuji93.3a593592b9f18ad6df8af3fefbfbb3ff.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zandvoort sinds it is my favourite track and home track. Would go mad if it will return.
    Fuji but then as the Pacific Grand Prix. I don't want to have Suzuka removed from the calender.
    And Watkins Glen. It has so much more atmosphere and history then COTA, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  18. David Armstrong

David Armstrong
    Premium Member

The Phoenix layout used in '91 was awesome, despite being composed almost entirely of 90° corners. Great example of how simple track layouts with enough overtaking opportunities often produce the best racing.

And there's something about wheel-to-wheel racing in high powered machines through the streets of a populated city on rough, dirty, bumpy roads that's just wonderful :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Same is true with the Bahrain GP circuit. It's a super simple layout, probably the simplest in the whole f1 calendar, yet it makes for some of the best racing because of the way the corners are arranged. All those switch-back low/med speed corners that provide opportunities for different lines and overtaking makes for some fantastic wheel to wheel racing.

20. Another super simple layout being the Red Bull Ring, also great for racing.