PC1 What driving aids do you use?

I don`t know if I'm very clumsy but excluding underpowered car, I have to use at least the traction control and ABS to have fun and be a little relaxed driving. Without any help I find it too stressful, perhaps for practical or hot lap but with other cars on the track IA or online is almost impossible not to make a mistake.
Honestly, do you think that most players running with aid or without them?

I think this poll isn't taking into account whether computer or console, wheel or game pad - big difference. On a computer, with a wheel I don't use any assists, when I tried a game pad I turned on a couple assists with the very hard to drive like the 49 Lotus.

I used to go all off on every sim... Until I figured going "factory" (in AC) or "real" in PCars actually makes more sense, simulation-wise, given cars are designed and balanced to work with those specific aids on, in real life.

I go all aids off,i just like to feel the car as it should be felt.The Lotus 49 is a nightmare to handle.I was wondering about the Time Trail times online,are the assist times and assists off times all on the same leaderboard?.I had a go at the Lotus 49 on Oulton international and i'm a mile off the top time.I'm convinced the top guy is running with assists.My steam profile is bendigo36.

I have all assists off with a wheel on console.

I had all assists off when i used the controller but it had me annoyed that i couldn't do it!

I never knew about the option for "realistic" which enables things based on IRL assists... oh well! Live and learn!

For me, the cars are so much more forgiving than GSCE or RF2(my main sims) that no aids are needed, not even TCS in the Formula A car. I use low TCS in the Formula 1's in GSCE and RF2. If the car doesn't move around some it gets very boring.

Yes you can disable them,which I tend to do.But as I said I'm not driving much modern stuff.I'm on the PC with a wheel,and finally got the FFB feeling OK.Theirs some great help to be had on here.

For me, the cars are so much more forgiving than GSCE or RF2(my main sims) that no aids are needed, not even TCS in the Formula A car. I use low TCS in the Formula 1's in GSCE and RF2. If the car doesn't move around some it gets very boring.
Yes I have those sims also and yes again they have less grip.The stock cars in GSCE have been dumbed down though. And the Tin tops in RF2 do not differ too much from pcars.But the open wheelers are more of a challenge in RF2.I'm just enjoying pcars for what it is.

Yes I have those sims also and yes again they have less grip.The stock cars in GSCE have been dumbed down though. And the Tin tops in RF2 do not differ too much from pcars.But the open wheelers are more of a challenge in RF2.I'm just enjoying pcars for what it is.
yep V8 Stocks are super easy to drive now and as devs said it is not a bug it is by designe .. apparently this cars are grippy and stable IRL ...pretty much like GT3 cars .. and since Reiza/Niels is using real tires data and is doing pretty much flawless job on physics I`ll go with trusting them .. but they were more fun before ;)

Last edited:
Yes I have those sims also and yes again they have less grip.The stock cars in GSCE have been dumbed down though. And the Tin tops in RF2 do not differ too much from pcars.But the open wheelers are more of a challenge in RF2.I'm just enjoying pcars for
yep V8 Stocks are super easy to drive now and as devs said it is not a bug it is by designe .. apparently this cars are grippy and stable IRL ...pretty much like GT3 cars .. and since Reiza/Niels is using real tires data and is doing pretty much flawless job on physics I`ll go with trusting them .. but they were more fun before ;)
Don't get me wrong, GSCE is fantastic, and Reiza/Niels are on another level. Was just using it as an example that even GSCE has grippy cars.

I usually start with all assists on until I get a feel for the game's physics and playing style, as they are all very different. Once I get a feel for that and I'm having fun, then I set everything to "real/factory" and go for broke.

I noticed that you can map driving aids to your keyboard or wheel through the control configuration. I thought it might be nice to turn them on on-the-fly like in GSCE. The problem is that it looks like they may not work and/or there is no visual indicator on-screen. Anyone else play around with the aids mapping?

BTW, I voted no aids but I am considering running with ABS on some cars.

I've recently switched to 'real' aids and driving the GT3 cars all 3 are on... Its a lot easier yo drive but I feel like I'm cheating a little.

Although, I did turn ABS off and completely failed, I can never ever master hard braking without locking up, slightly annoying!

I did fiddle with the traction settings though, so it gives a little bit of spin before it comes on.

I was always under the assumption that no aids if used properly make you quicker than all aids on? Or am I wrong?

Being faster with aids or no aids depends on the car you are driving. RWD cars tend to be slower on a single lap without activated aids as you have the risk to oversteer when pushing the gas too hard on the exit of the corner.

I personally prefer driving without any support as I like to feel the characteristics of the car and how it reacts, e.g. fast direction changes, breaking on bumpy roads, under-/oversteer etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%