DiRT Rally What Do You Want From DiRT Rally In 2016?

Post in the comments what you chose or want.
More Stages = Basically more location, so more content
More Cars = There are a good selection of cars in the game, but more could be added.
Better FFB = More realistic feel to the cars/stages
DLC = Downloadable content (not cars/stages) that makes the game more interesting
More Gamemodes = Stuff like trailblazer or landrush (DiRT 3)
Customization = What I mean by this is livery creator/editor, more replay cams/free view or more options to pimp you ride! (the list is endless).

Last edited:
Safari, New Zealand and Rally de Catalunya is three rallies that would be a proper expansion to the game.

Safari with the extreme terrain.
New Zealand with the flowing, open, banked roads.
Catalunya with smooth, wide, fast tarmac.

All would give something new to the game :)
Don't we already have smooth, wide, and fast tarmac in Germany? It's hardly the busted up and dirty event with varying grip levels between surface types like we see in real life and in some other game. Granted, it's probably not as flowing as Catalunya would be, so there's that.

Safari, New Zealand and Rally de Catalunya is three rallies that would be a proper expansion to the game.

Safari with the extreme terrain.
New Zealand with the flowing, open, banked roads.
Catalunya with smooth, wide, fast tarmac.

All would give something new to the game :)
Rally Cyprus could also be there. Large rocks and the difficult turns could make it more of a rally of survival than being fastest

• tunaphis

New Zealand isn't remotely similar to Wales, Be like saying Australia is like Africa.That being said including these 3 would make my day.

By far the most effective change for me would be allowing all cars on all tracks... Not only would we have the joy of running rally cars on the hill climb and rallycross tracks, but just imaging taking a Rallycross monster around Wales or sliding a hillclimb car around Sweden :)
(I was thinking about this: Assuming the dev team is hard at work migrating the game engine to Xbox One and PS4, the AI programmer should have very little to do, so he could easily be programming appropriate AI behaviour for all cars on all tracks, couldn't he?)

Many guys here are talking about taking DiRT Rally towards more "hardcore" capabilities like full damage or more realistic service areas, but those aren't going to help sell the game on console so I just don't see them happening. And I personally don't care, because those things don't change the underlying core gameplay. As with the AI programmer, I expect Codemasters vehicle/track artists will not be that busy with the console conversion (probably only some optimizations for performance), so I'm expecting their time to best be spent producing some more content. If it comes out in the console release but costs us PC owners extra as DLC I'd not mind in the slightest, if it were to be free that would be fine too.

So basically DiRT Rally is awesome fun and I will buy any DLC (be it tracks or cars) that Codemasters decides to make.

Saying that real damage and service areas won't change the underlying gameplay is true, but it would change the experience, which matters in the long time. Like a movie with a great script; getting average actors won't change the script, but the movie cannot be a success.

Ive chosen more cars... but now the only thing I want is believable physics. And realistic damage.
Not sure if CM will push out some substantial fixes like other sims do or just milk money with DLC. Id gladly pay extra if the game is improved.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%