DiRT Rally What Do You Want From DiRT Rally In 2016?

Post in the comments what you chose or want.
More Stages = Basically more location, so more content
More Cars = There are a good selection of cars in the game, but more could be added.
Better FFB = More realistic feel to the cars/stages
DLC = Downloadable content (not cars/stages) that makes the game more interesting
More Gamemodes = Stuff like trailblazer or landrush (DiRT 3)
Customization = What I mean by this is livery creator/editor, more replay cams/free view or more options to pimp you ride! (the list is endless).

Last edited:
I've voted more stages. Rally stages, not HC or RX.

But for DR 2 what i really want is to stay the same.
Now they seems to have thrown the old crapp and gave us a good sim at last. Please STAY THE SAME. Don't go back.

Another thing what I must need are a way to fix the bad pacenotes.

A pacenotes editor will be just fine. ;)

More rallies (Kenya, Cyprus, New zeland etc)
feel rallycross needs more content
More rallycross cars. (extra classes such as RX lites, Super 1600 or even cars from the Red Bull GRC)
More tracks (Catalunya, Trois riviers or tracks from the GRC such as Detroit, Daytona, Dirtfish or Barbados)
A test area/gymkhana area/Rally School. An open area with small stage sections to test setups, and gymkhana areas to throw your car around and just have fun
The option to select what tires you use on the stage.
Also the addition of Super Special Stages, these could give a new multiplayer game mode and would add a new element to the rallies. I would like to see stages like Hagfors Sprint

Last edited:
I want more cars and locations. It's okay as it is, but more rallies like Kenya and some of the World RX part-timers (Dubourg's C4, Holte's i20 and Eklund's Beetle) would be good.

I'm really on the expectation of what will be the Codemasters plans for the game after the console release.

There was some licensing, and costs in the RX-cars. I do believe the Isachsen Subaru was because of Subaru USA, which have been a great partner for the DiRT series, the rest of the cars in RX, are either generic liveries, or the drivers who signed up - and committed to the whole series (either Europe or World) early on, and drove cars that they got the license for.

Personally I don't want any RX or hill climbs. I was hoping that Dirt Rally would be codemasters pure rallying sim. It is nearly there. They have done enough games with silly types of racing in, but this one was to be my RBR beater. Some more rally's will do me, Cyprus, Ise Of Man, Australia, New Zealand etc.

I voted "more stages", but here's a few other small things I'd like to see...
  • I wish the sim automatically knew if my chosen car was using modern paddle shifters or an older H-shifter so I wouldn't have to go back to Options>Controls to change that whenever I change cars. I really like how Assetto Corsa does that.
  • The ability to actually see my added livery mods in the livery select screen.
  • Would love to be able to select "TV cam" or "Helicopter cam" while viewing a replay and ONLY see those views unless I pushed a button to change it. If my right rear was hanging over the edge of a cliff in a Greece hairpin, I want to see THAT, not a close-up of my left front lug nuts.
  • I believe this is the first time I've ever HOPED there would be DLC available after a game was released. If you're not gonna give me a licensed Renault or Toyota in the 1.0 release, please give me the opportunity to buy some fictional replica with a fake name (like Stock Car Extreme does to get around the licensing issue). The absence of some very historic cars and stages is just sad.
  • The ability to drive all cars on all tracks. Please. My current inability to take several of those awesome old rally cars up that beautiful replica of Pikes Peak (Mixed Surface) is seriously keeping me awake at night.
  • At least give me the yellow & white Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2. The current absence of that, too, haunts my dreams.

I voted "more stages", but here's a few other small things I'd like to see...
  • I wish the sim automatically knew if my chosen car was using modern paddle shifters or an older H-shifter so I wouldn't have to go back to Options>Controls to change that whenever I change cars. I really like how Assetto Corsa does that.

It has been added ;)

• The ability to actually see my added livery mods in the livery select screen.

AFAIK, it is possible, but not worth the hassle.

• Would love to be able to select "TV cam" or "Helicopter cam" while viewing a replay and ONLY see those views unless I pushed a button to change it. If my right rear was hanging over the edge of a cliff in a Greece hairpin, I want to see THAT, not a close-up of my left front lug nuts.

Game Engine limitations, sadly.

• I believe this is the first time I've ever HOPED there would be DLC available after a game was released. If you're not gonna give me a licensed Renault or Toyota in the 1.0 release, please give me the opportunity to buy some fictional replica with a fake name (like Stock Car Extreme does to get around the licensing issue). The absence of some very historic cars and stages is just sad.

Not sure if I agree, there is loads of others, not so well known cars they could more easily get license for I guess, I'd rather have that than a fictional replica - which, depending on what company have the original car, might end up looking weird.

• The ability to drive all cars on all tracks. Please. My current inability to take several of those awesome old rally cars up that beautiful replica of Pikes Peak (Mixed Surface) is seriously keeping me awake at night.

Agreed.

• At least give me the yellow & white Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2. The current absence of that, too, haunts my dreams.

My guess would be that it's forced by Audi.

And sorry if it feels like I'm "picking" on you and your post - I just started, and it ended up with a comment for each point in the list :)

Don't hit em then.......:whistling:
Ah, another one of those City Car Driving guys. Don't go flatout over jumps, stay in the middle of the road, don't go flatout during long straights, never go over the speed limit! So many stipulations.

But for the most part, I don't have too much interaction with them. Still doesn't make it any less annoying when you actually do bump into something that should result in just getting nudged, and instead you get thrown into an uncontrollable slide or something and ruin your whole stage for something that should've slowed you down a second at best. If you don't have a problem with how the car behaves reacting to collisions with roadside obstacles, you're either a masochist or not going fast enough.

Ah, another one of those City Car Driving guys. Don't go flatout over jumps, stay in the middle of the road, don't go flatout during long straights, never go over the speed limit! So many stipulations.
You certainly don't know me matey.:rolleyes:
How about you join us here, pay your membership and me and thee can go head to head in a Dirt Rally challenge on-line at a stage of my choosing(with plenty of verge, berms and banks and roadside obstacles:cool:). We will soon see who is the city car driver.

Challenge given, what say thee......Mr Function.....? ;):thumbsup: Up for it? :notworthy::notworthy:

What's wrong, you can dish it out but can't take it? I made a legitimate critique of what I want to see changed in the game. And you imply it's down to my apparent lack of skill. Sorry to disappoint you, but I won't take the bait. I have no need to prove myself to you.

What's wrong, you can dish it out but can't take it? I made a legitimate critique of what I want to see changed in the game. And you imply it's down to my apparent lack of skill. Sorry to disappoint you, but I won't take the bait. I have no need to prove myself to you.

Of course I can take it (I'm pretty thick skinned, honestly:sneaky:). I made my original reply in obvious jest. You decided to imply I was less than committed to the style of driving needed. No need to get upset and get your knickers in a twist me old. It was just a bit of fun.
The challenge was a fun one and still offered. Contribute here and join the club, you might actually enjoy it. :thumbsup: But hey ho, each to their own I say.
All the best and have a nice "grumpy" xmas Mr Function. :)

ps, your first name is not "Mal" by any chance?:laugh:

ps ps, only joking. :rolleyes:

I've more or less banged on about the same things since my award-winning post in August. And yes, I'm still a RBR fanboy and immensely proud of it and the list represents features I learned to take for granted as a proud RBR fanboy. The following points are sorted by priority (as I see it).

1) The damage model. Visually it's more than satisfying right now, in fact it's great, but the often suggested "Hardcore damage option" is necessary. Simple as that.

2) Almost everything about how the car recovery is designed baffles me endlessly. Firstly, I fail to see the need for that countdown timer. What is it they are trying to achieve with that? And I wonder what exactly they then tried to achieve with changing it from 10 to 15 seconds? It's still a bad idea. Before they made the decision, the devs were aware how gamers found the timer frustrating so they had another solution on the table that wouldn't involve the timer at all. Well, that didn't happen. Secondly, and not surprisingly considering the time limit in place, the time penalties to accompany the timer for either the intentional car recovery or the automatic one don't make any sense whatsoever.

I guess it was unrealistic to expect them to discard the automatic recovery like many were asking for right from the start. I'd have preferred some old-fashioned walls instead of "hard resets" to limit the playing area because now with automatic recovery you can get away with some massive mistakes without any car damage. Like in Greece you can go too wide and go off a cliff to face certain death only for the automatic recovery then to give a helping hand mid-air. Mind you, when I tested this the other day, I was probably going off on purpose in places where no-one would realistically go off. So take this with a pinch of salt.

3) The service park is not only bloody awful but utterly useless as well. The only positive thing in place is the time penalty, such a shame I'll never end up getting one, as it's just crew recommendation for me and off I go. (And I hate the fact that I would have to do some grinding in career mode to be able to repair anything in a meaningful way.) Also the lack of freedom in scheduling them should be looked at (I understand that these days a league promoter can set a fixed interval to lengthen the loops from the usual two stages and while it is better than nothing, I don't think that's good enough).

4) The tyre selection (no tyre wear, so no tyre selection is the official explanation and it is a good excuse as such, I must admit). Not easy to implement by any means and some say it wouldn't be worth it because of the length of the stages, but I'm not necessarily buying that one because surely if you can create rallys with decent amount of kilometres before each service, a promoter could play with this to spice up things a little, not to a mind-blowing degree but still. (One thing I'm concerned about is that undeniably, as things stand, in Greece and Wales this wouldn't make any difference because of the lack of certain weather conditions.)

Personally I don't want any RX or hill climbs. I was hoping that Dirt Rally would be codemasters pure rallying sim. It is nearly there. They have done enough games with silly types of racing in, but this one was to be my RBR beater. Some more rally's will do me, Cyprus, Ise Of Man, Australia, New Zealand etc.

Australia/NZ would be pretty badass I must admit. I would also love to see some historic hillclimb routes/cars too, such as Mille Miglia stages, Dakar stages (a test of navigation as well as driving skill) and maybe even the Goodwood Hillclimb! But that's just me. YMMV of course!

Safari, New Zealand and Rally de Catalunya is three rallies that would be a proper expansion to the game.

Safari with the extreme terrain.
New Zealand with the flowing, open, banked roads.
Catalunya with smooth, wide, fast tarmac.

All would give something new to the game :)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back