F1 2012 What do you use to record PC gameplay?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Not quite so convenient editing in VirtualDub. This is done by cutting into chunks. Using audio/video in 'direct stream copy' mode (no compression). You can compress each chunk if you want, but I always used the original video. Create the chunks, join them, then compress the whole thing as the final video.

You cut into chunks by inserting markers into the video to select a range you want to keep, then render that part out as a copy. Then do it again for every part you want to keep. After this you may have 6 videos (for example)

Now you load the 1st video into VDub, then append the 2nd, append the 3rd etc.

At this stage you select you final video/audio compression settings, and it's all rendered out as one single compressed video.

Other programs such as AviDemux will have to use a similar method, but at least they are all free.

The above is NOT the best way of editing a video nowadays

Proper editing suites do it much better, and can be hellishly expensive. Sony Vegas is probably the most popular. There is an Adobe product (forgot the name, After Effects maybe?) that can do it too, again expensive. Nero can do it, Windows Movie Maker can do it in a limited way, if you can still get a copy of the free version, and you want to use WMV rather than AVI/MKV/MP4

After the free WMM, Microsoft have produced an new product, again I can't remember the new name because I never use or like WMV's, Whaterver it's called, I think there's a limited free version, but you have to pay if you want the good stuff.

The ideal software has a timeline, after adding your original video, you can select parts of the timeline to render and do special effects to, when you are happy with it, you render out the final video fully edited.

This really is a whole subject in itself, and not something I can (nor want) to go into here.

Use the websites I recommended in the other thread, afterdawn, doom9 and now doom10 ..... not forgetting googling video editors ....... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows video editors :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back