F1 2010 What Do You Think Of F1 2010 So Far?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

F1 2010 has been out for a while now just want to get peoples opinions of what they think of the game thus far and if they think the game has been a success.

IMO i think the game is really good apart from some glitches here and there the game has been a relative hit and from the feedback and the number of posts on this forum it appears to be taking off rather well with the masses.

The graphics and visuals are are really good and the sound is pretty good too even though i didnt like the sound at first after three seasons of career mode it has grown on me considerably.

One let down to this game is the ridiculous online multiplayer lobbies that take an hour tops to get into unless your hosting for friends.

The interviews and such are a nice little feature but the questions and answers are usually all the same it adds a nice aspect of F1 driving.

But all in all it is a great success from Code Masters not as good as it could have been but a good steeping stone maybe for the next installment or until they patch the problems.

Generally a good game. The visuals are certainly spectacular and they did a great job modelling the tracks, although I'd like to see more sim aspects. I get the impression the car settings aren't absolute values, and this bothers me. Setting your wings at 1 and 1 at spa in the rain should mean instant death but you can take most corners pretty darn quickly.

I understand Codemasters did this to make the game more accessible to casual players but for me, the way they made it easy ruins the reason for playing in the first place.

Also the lack of telemetry is disappointing but again understandable.

Rated: 4/5. Could have been great if it followed Geoff Crammand's Grand Prix series in it's complexity on functionality (my favourite ever games).

Ok, this is my first post here, Seems a good thread to start.

I have a love/hate relation with this game. First is think it is amazing second when drive a time trial for the 30 st time to get one good lap i hate it :).
Overall i love the game. i wish i had more time to play it.

I play on a PS3, i'm normal are a PC gamer but i wanted to play this game via my beamer on a relaxed chair.

Hey Chaps,

New to the forum, found it when looking for f12010 setups.

For what it's worth I love the game, I am very addicted to it. It provides great racing between my friends and I. Would love a few more features such as telemetry and a higher degree of tuning and car updates.

The game is addicting as hell. I played for almost 7 hours yesterday! The wife was not amused...

haha great post :D I can only confirm this. Despite of all bugs this game is addicting. Compared to F1 06 this game is a very big progress (I know Liverpool studios created F1 06...)
But sometimes it would be even better to have a Pace Car. In reality they wouldn't go for a race in such wet conditions like in F1 2010.

First, i must say that I use a xbox 360 with the official wheel and it's the first time that i can play a real sim racing game on this platform. The steering wheel is very efficient and really makes the difference with the game pad (2-3 sec/ lap).

Now, let's go for the positive/negative points :

+++positive+++
- It's a simulation with an once of arcade game-play. You can make little mistakes without paying it cash but you must push hard and be a sharp driver to win the race.
- drivability of the cars is good
- the graphics are very nice
- you can change the settings of the car from the inside of the cockpit.
+++negative+++
- I feel that the engine sound is the same on all cars
- Even with a steering wheel, the throttle an brake pedals are too sensitive.
- the fact that you can win a race with a crappy car is unrealistic
- you don't see that the tires are used
- you can't personalize your helmet (it's a detail but.. it's always funny)

- Even with a steering wheel, the throttle an brake pedals are too sensitive.

To be honest, i thought the exactly the same when i first played it, nearly took my wheel and pedals back to argos as i thought i would never get used to the sensitivity. That said its amazing what a bit of practice can do for you. I now wouldnt change it at all. I just use a half throttle/full throttle techinque now and find it really rewarding being able to race without spinning out (like i did at first)

I got to say. I've been racing "sims" for over 15 years and have always been with top teams and the quickest cars, and always winning races. I love LOVE career mode...having to start with a lower team and having to struggle for lap times and race results is a great challenge and very rewarding and frustrating at the same time! Yes there are a lot of bugs..but the patch is helping!

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years