F1 2010 What Do You Think Of F1 2010 So Far?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

F1 2010 has been out for a while now just want to get peoples opinions of what they think of the game thus far and if they think the game has been a success.

IMO i think the game is really good apart from some glitches here and there the game has been a relative hit and from the feedback and the number of posts on this forum it appears to be taking off rather well with the masses.

The graphics and visuals are are really good and the sound is pretty good too even though i didnt like the sound at first after three seasons of career mode it has grown on me considerably.

One let down to this game is the ridiculous online multiplayer lobbies that take an hour tops to get into unless your hosting for friends.

The interviews and such are a nice little feature but the questions and answers are usually all the same it adds a nice aspect of F1 driving.

But all in all it is a great success from Code Masters not as good as it could have been but a good steeping stone maybe for the next installment or until they patch the problems.

• 666 McGuiNess

Purchased the game to get some racing in before GT5 arrives and have been pretty pleased with it. Just finished 1st season and I'm anxious for the 1st patch to hopefully address the problems which I have largely avoided so far. I haven't really been exposed much to F1 as there is not much media coverage in the USA but the game has gotten me interested in it. I've been downloading the BBC coverage of the recent races and I am looking forward to the South Korea race.
Great game,terrible sport LoL So what do you think of it now?No wonder they cant sell F1 in the states when they pull of a stunt like at Indy.Still they dont seem too worried about the korean market though

Great game,terrible sport LoL So what do you think of it now?No wonder they cant sell F1 in the states when they pull of a stunt like at Indy.Still they dont seem too worried about the korean market though
Not sure if you realise, but F1 is by far and away the most popular motorsport in the world. This 2010 season has been absolutely amazing. What exactly was wrong with the korea race?

• 666 McGuiNess

17-18L behind a pacecar because of a bit of light rain,thats what was wrong about the Korean race.When people bother to go to the venue,or get up at 7.30 in the morning the deserve some real racing,not endless crusing behing a pacecar.I dont know if you realise just how close this was to becomming the most laps done behind a pacecar ever,but I guess they dident want that to happen,and when it finally got away I guess it was OK.Anyway im terrible sorry to say I like the game,but something about the sport just puts me to sleep

17-18L behind a pacecar because of a bit of light rain,thats what was wrong about the Korean race.When people bother to go to the venue,or get up at 7.30 in the morning the deserve some real racing,not endless crusing behing a pacecar.I dont know if you realise just how close this was to becomming the most laps done behind a pacecar ever,but I guess they dident want that to happen,and when it finally got away I guess it was OK.Anyway im terrible sorry to say I like the game,but something about the sport just puts me to sleep

Watch something else then dude!
The Korea race was great! The start behind the safety car was the only way to go till the visability improved. The drivers said it was the worst conditions ever and vis was terrible. Charlie Whitting made all the correct calls re the race and we could have had nothing...
Perhaps if you had watched the whole season you would have a different oppinion! If you have watched it all, what more do you want mate?

Drive fast
Regards
George

I love this game, and the modding community has really come alive (I have some great fictional and retro skins already :D)

Theres some major bugs, but none are really game breaking, besides the horribly slow AI...that being said, for all the negative things ive said about the AI, AI-Vettel got pissed off, and during a rain race at Australia, he pitted from second in the middle of a pour, changed from inters to options, dropped like a rock, I thought i'd never see him again. But with a couple laps to go, and me on some pretty worn inters the rain happened to stop, he stormed up to me, and nearly got around me in the last corner...RBR weather radar is better then mine!?

Watch something else then dude!
have to agree with you there george if you dont like it change the channel no one is forcing you to watch it so change it and i only seen the end of the korea race but i loved it it was fantastic racing and vettel going out with a blown engine was unexpected to say the least ha but i dont like McClaren all jumping about cheering thats not sportsmanly conduct someone said to me ferrari were unsportsmanly take a look at McClaren and i know they were probably really happy but still a bit of reserve would be nice

I'm all for the pure racing and just getting on with it in the rain, but even when the race started it was clear it was still quite dangerous based on how many cars spun off and crashed, after the events of imola 1994 F1 is extremely safety concious, and personally i have no problem with that if it ensures the safety of the drivers. Sure its not that fun to have to watch the cars behind the safety car but to be honest there was plenty of really good racing afterwards and it was quite a unique race.

I personally love F1, theres nothing like it for me and the BBC coverage is nothing short of amazing, but if you dont like the sport you dont have to watch it, at the end of the day.

Just to be on topic, F1 2010 has its issues but its a great game and a great platform for them to go the extra mile with F1 2011

• Alex Guehennec

have to agree with you there george if you dont like it change the channel no one is forcing you to watch it so change it and i only seen the end of the korea race but i loved it it was fantastic racing and vettel going out with a blown engine was unexpected to say the least ha but i dont like McClaren all jumping about cheering thats not sportsmanly conduct someone said to me ferrari were unsportsmanly take a look at McClaren and i know they were probably really happy but still a bit of reserve would be nice

I couldn't watch the GP, there is a link on internet to watch it ?

I think I have stated pretty clear what I think about this game. However, I had 2 race earlier - Monaco & Valencia and as I have said, I really like the driving & handling. Everything else in this game sucks.

please dont understand me wrong i really do not wanne start a flame war and if i didnt word it right, mods please remove :)

So i just logged on i-racing and started doing some laps round silverstone in the new williams F1. I was just wondering if anybody else checked that out and comes to the same conclusion. I really found the two very simular the drive. I was exctually pretty quick and on a decent peace in a praccy session which really surprised me.

Positive really it seems that openwheelers in all games/sims finally get some grip and are fun to slam into corners.

So basiclly for F1-2010 another thumbs up, oke the iracing model feels abit more advanced/refined, and there is no catching a spin by slamming on the brake and FFB feels better. But overal the cars feel very simular to me.

People often moan about F1 cars in sims having too much grip, but to be honest i would like to remind them to actually watch F1, the cars have an absolutely insane ammount of grip and downforce available, at a level that nothing else even comes close, the speed at which they can take corners is nothing short of amazing.

Though F1 2010 does well (without gettin back into the sim/arcade arguement), i would say its alot easier than trying to drive FVA, and im sure the new Iracing Williams is the same. I just hope i can get my wheel situation sorted ASAP so i can try it for myself!

I am playing this game with an xbox360 controller and am absolutely loving it. Even in EASY mode with brake assist turned off and driving the Virgin Cosworth, i am having trouble cracking the top twenty. The only camera view i use is the bumper one where there is no part of the car showing. I think the developers have nailed the problem areas in their patch notice and the community has provided many quality mods already. The future looks bright for F1 2010.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%