What do you think about F1 new onboard-view Graphics?

this is it :
f1-azerbaijan-gp-2018-f1-halo-tv-graphic-mercedes (1).jpg

f1-azerbaijan-gp-2018-f1-halo-tv-graphic-mclaren.jpg

Attachments

• screen326.jpg
    screen326.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
I think it's actually pretty cool. Gives me an idea of the heads-up display that could be utilized if F1 went with a windscreen instead of the halo. Plus, it's closer to the center of view when I'm looking at the screen, instead of a small square in the corner.

That's a nice effect... but the television commentary board at the start of race broadcast is absolute junk.
The idea of putting up a red dialog box with red tinted lettering is just a bad idea.
I can't really read the facts on screen...I've stopped trying.
It's just stupid.

The idea is good but it covers way too much of the screen, it is distracting and takes away from the driving itself. If they were able to subtly include it in the space taken over by the halo that would be fine but this is just way to much in my opinion.

If they were able to subtly include it in the space taken over by the halo that would be fine
It actually IS in the space covered by the Halo. The Brake, Throttle, and Gear are all inside that arc. Only the speed is above the Halo, and RPM is below.

The idea of putting up a red dialog box with red tinted lettering is just a bad idea.
I don't know what you're referring to. Can you show an image?

It actually IS in the space covered by the Halo. The Brake, Throttle, and Gear are all inside that arc. Only the speed is above the Halo, and RPM is below.

I don't know what you're referring to. Can you show an image?
I'm referring to the information on screen, including track facts. You really can't see it because of the blending.

Well yes it is mostly in the space covered by the halo but it isn't subtle. It is quite in your face and it attracts your eye instead of just being there if you want to have the information. The old HUD is just that: its there if you want to know the information, but if you don't its easy to just ignore it.

It's not bad. Not entirely sure I like it. The halo one looks better once you see it in motion (vs a screenshot), but is perhaps a bit too big and distracts from the driving.

At least they quickly fixed the names on the tower at the left hand side after the 1st race, remember some genius decided it would be a good idea to have everyone's full surname, taking up the same space as the 3 letters so you had to strain your eyes to read it from across the other side of the room when sat watching on the sofa.

On the whole I would say the new graphics are ok (now after 1st race), not really any better or worse than the old ones, just different. Not really seen the red on red one that others talking about as I rarely have enough time to watch properly these days - most of the time I'm watching later (Sky+HD) so just jump straight to the formation lap.

It's not bad. Not entirely sure I like it. The halo one looks better once you see it in motion (vs a screenshot), but is perhaps a bit too big and distracts from the driving.

At least they quickly fixed the names on the tower at the left hand side after the 1st race, remember some genius decided it would be a good idea to have everyone's full surname, taking up the same space as the 3 letters so you had to strain your eyes to read it from across the other side of the room when sat watching on the sofa.

On the whole I would say the new graphics are ok (now after 1st race), not really any better or worse than the old ones, just different. Not really seen the red on red one that others talking about as I rarely have enough time to watch properly these days - most of the time I'm watching later (Sky+HD) so just jump straight to the formation lap.

yeah
about drivers name....did you see that famous "lastname" vs "lastname" battle?:D
nintchdbpict000394683988.jpg

i hope the second "lastname" takes the championship lead :whistling:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 10.5%