What do you think about Assetto Corsa's AI?

Totally agreed. They've gotten a little better but they are far too passive and I never see them pass each other. Raceroom has the best AI at the moment for me even though they are a touch too aggressive at times.

With the right difficult % on a track with a really good AI line and good hints, they're alright. I've had a lot of fun working my way through a full field of Cayman GT4 Clubsports at Brands Hatch, for instance.

There is still some global issues, though. Like hopping on the breaks to give the player the line through a corner which is easy to do 2-wide. That's something I've gotten irritated by in just about every sim I've ever played. They do lack the stones to pass eachother as well, which is frustrating and immersion killing.

As the default game sets them they're just way too consistent. They do make "braking mistakes" sometimes but they're running one line the same every lap other than that. If not for running into traffic they can run very similar laptimes. To me that makes them kinda uninteresting, to win a race you figure out what the AI do badly and then take advantage, there's no "oh the guy behind me is suddenly 0.2 quicker per lap and I need to block more carefully", if you get past and don't screw up you stay past.

If you use CM then there are a bunch of options you can use for the AI..minimum and maximum AI values with a randomization amount slider for example...it livens up the offline experience a little :)...better than the default Kunos settings anyways.
Cheers

I keep forgetting that CM is a full-blown launcher and not just a, uh... content manager. I keep using it to manage skins and then close it and launch the game normally :rolleyes:

Really need to kick that habit so I can take full advantage of it.

I keep forgetting that CM is a full-blown launcher and not just a, uh... content manager. I keep using it to manage skins and then close it and launch the game normally :rolleyes:

Really need to kick that habit so I can take full advantage of it.

For sure. I never use it for any actual content managing stuff (don't even know how :laugh:) but I use it for everything else and never use the default launcher anymore because CM allows you to do so much more with the game. :thumbsup:

I bought this for my uncle over Xmas and spent Easter with him this weekend and was interesting listening to his opinions.

He said the same as me (with PC version) that the AI are a bit robotic, but the main gripe was the same as mine, AI difficulty being all over the place. One race after the other you have to change it quite a bit to make it even possible to progress or achieve your required goals.

I have no idea why this is the case, perhaps just poor QA testing I think.

But like me, the good bits of the game are so good he hasn't touched PCARS since I bought it for him which is great news!!

It's probably the biggest thing holding AC back at the moment...well, that and tracks.

My complaint is a lack of mistakes, they don't respond to pressure and they just dive out of the way when you try and pass. I've had the most fun recently with R3E, despite some overly aggressive AI.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%