What do you run in real life?

Jack Hintz

That Designer Guy?
I thought this forum would be the most relevant place to post pictures of my toy in real life seeing as it is a rally car :p
Decided now was probably a decent time to give you a peek of proof that I actually do drive in real life, and not just suck really badly at RBR :p
Pics were taken a couple of days ago after we did some tarmac testing up the mountain, hence why its on axle stands with slicks on.

6308783744_dc6ecfc1a5_d.jpg

6308262693_fc1662167c_d.jpg

6308784458_4752a4da54_d.jpg

6308784750_5c369b64b7_d.jpg

anyone else who drives in real life, please don't hesitate to show us :D

Well, Rally Kurzeme 2012 is an actual rally and is being split in 2 parts - rally and rallysprint. Rallysprint is also being split in two parts - cars with rollcage whereas they are going as fast as they can all the way.. and cars without the rollcage (ROAD class) where Im taking part. The rules are that you cant join rallysprint or rally with car that have a rollcage before you havent done at least 3 rallies in the ROAD class.

ROAD class is more or less the classical rally. You have three kinds of stages. One where you are doing the same stage as big rally guys just not flat-out but keeping the average speed and finish at the exact time you are required. Actually in the actual tenth, if possible. The second kind is prolouge where you are doing the same but on public roads with possibility to meet other cars & stuff (which is impossible in the first kind of stage as the track is closed). And the third kind of stage is where you are allowed to go flat-out. Mostly on tarmac surface though, the rest is on gravel.

Sounds easy but its way more difficult than you can probably imagine :p The average speed you have to keep to finish as accurate as possible varies through stages (it can even change during one stage) but its mostly around 70kmph. Keep in mind that you have to keep it during 90 and even 180 degree turns as well. Obviosuly you cant drive through them with that speed but you have to catch up after that. Also if you got lost somewhere - you have to drive as fast as you can to catch up the time you lost. You dont have pacenotes during the stage, only legend with "landmarks" (?) where its possible to see after how many meters or kilometers you have to turn where etc..

Hope you got an idea.. :)

So like this Viesturs...

Hello guys :) This year I raced in few hill climbs. Nothing special to be mentioned, but what you could find interesting is this:

31072012239.jpg

which I am currently trying to change into this:

3077293335_6ca90cc5b8_z.jpg

For rallye revivals here in the Czech Rep. which copy the old Monte Carlo type of rallye :) I hope the car will last over 440 kilometers of it's premier event this October. I have already done some interior changes to lighten the car. I am working on the wheels now, being made in white color. Luckily the car paint is the same like the original racing car, but it needs some servis too - all the stuff, like black engine hood, lights, mirrors will be done exactly the same :) engine stays as it is now, but it needs some work as well, because it's not quite in a driving mood right now :D

Are those two the same models? This is the third generation of Moskvitch which includes 3 models and I think that these two are different, slightly but still :p

Still, a very nice project! Moskvitch is a fun car (not as fun as zaporozhets aka ZAZ but fun), good luck and have fun with it! :)

Are those two the same models? This is the third generation ofMoskvitch which includes 3 models and I think that these two are different, slightly but still :p

Still, a very nice project! Moskvitch is a fun car (not as fun as zaporozhets aka ZAZ but fun), good luck and have fun with it! :)

Yes, they seem different, front mask and doors handles are not the same. But the rest is OK so no problem to me :D I would guess the one I've got is newer due to the lights etc. It has 1500 engine which they copied from BMW :D In all cases, I am glad I have anything to build :)

So we are going on and we reached this so far :) Black hood won't be done until the spring, it costs a lot of money. We decided to wait for Rallye Praha Revival, which is much bigger event than that we are participating in October.

192704_366097650133962_1946085484_o.jpg

The signs on the car aren't final as well, it's provisional how it could look like. For example the MOSKVICH sign will be added, as well as my name, flags, numbers... maybe another changes

Now it's more about interior than exterior, where everything should be done except the signs. I just added fire extinguisher and adjusted the seats (they were terrible :D) On my TO DO list are seat belts, cleaning up the mess inside, wheel, maybe adjusting the whole steering to be sharper, changing exhaust, maybe adding better carburetors (Double Webber 40 - it depends)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%