What do you race?

As said in the question, what do you race (and why)? I'm pretty new to posting on RD (usually just dumping iRacing videos on RaceTube lol), so why not get some conversation going in the forum. :)

To answer my own question, I usually race IndyCars - actually that's all I race now because of the weekly commitment it has. If you haven't heard, there's the Winter Series going on and we're near the end of the season. We alternate between racing road and oval tracks (although it's all done under the road license and IR/SR) so it's a very unique challenge to master both disciplines. We just finished Mid-Ohio and we're onto Texas Motor Speedway for week 20 of the 25 week season. FYI, here's the rest of the season:
  • Week 20: Texas Motor Speedway
  • Week 21: COTA
  • Week 22: Twin Ring Motegi
  • Week 23: Indy Road
  • Week 24: Auto Club Speedway
  • Week 25: Barber
I also race NASCAR every now and then (Trucks and Xfinity) and maybe V8 SuperCars if I got time (which I usually don't these days..). Also used to run the Sprint Cars and GT3. :)

I've been racing the IndyCar fixed oval series ever since I was eligible to join it. It is where I have the majority of my wins. I would like to race some NASCAR series, but the iRating I have attained in IndyCar would put me in the top split in most races and I am not as fast with those cars so I would just be in the way and donating a lot of iRating.

On the road side I have raced almost everything. Lately I have been running the Skip Barber and GT1 series. I'm going to take a break from GT1 next season though because it is getting harder and harder to find official races.

I ran the Lotus 79 when they were at Nordschliefe this season and it was a blast. I am seriously considering that series for next season. Since it is a B series, I can do just that and the Indy fixed ovals and get max participation credits. I will still run some other races, but I won't have to worry about completing any other series.

I have every car and track, so there are always plenty of options. But I try to concentrate on one or two road series every season along with the IndyCar fixed ovals which I will always run.

I raced GT1 for the second time ever and first time in the Vette. It was fun even tho I made a mistake when passing someone right before that final corner at Bathurst (I cut in front of him and didn't leave him a chance to brake) and so he punted me.

I apologized, waited for my repairs (all 9 minutes of it) and just kept going for more experience. Finished 12/17, 5 laps down. Was top split so pretty pleased. 4 seconds behind the leader in fastest lap in a car that had a bit of damage, so wasn't too bad. :)

I've been racing the IndyCar fixed oval series ever since I was eligible to join it. It is where I have the majority of my wins. I would like to race some NASCAR series, but the iRating I have attained in IndyCar would put me in the top split in most races and I am not as fast with those cars so I would just be in the way and donating a lot of iRating.

On the road side I have raced almost everything. Lately I have been running the Skip Barber and GT1 series. I'm going to take a break from GT1 next season though because it is getting harder and harder to find official races.

I ran the Lotus 79 when they were at Nordschliefe this season and it was a blast. I am seriously considering that series for next season. Since it is a B series, I can do just that and the Indy fixed ovals and get max participation credits. I will still run some other races, but I won't have to worry about completing any other series.

I have every car and track, so there are always plenty of options. But I try to concentrate on one or two road series every season along with the IndyCar fixed ovals which I will always run.

I recognize your name from the Winter Series. You're a solid driver. Might race Indy fixed next season just to get my $4. I'm not sure if we are going to get credits from Winter Series.

I have raced for few weeks with the skip and the MX-5. I have tried the Star Mazda (and few more cars) and I think I may like it, but at the moment MX-5 is probably my favorite. I am slow but I had lots of fun with these cars, and incidents as well :)

I recognize your name from the Winter Series. You're a solid driver. Might race Indy fixed next season just to get my $4. I'm not sure if we are going to get credits from Winter Series.

Yes, I was doing ok on the Winter Series oval weeks. I was a backmarker on the road weeks. I just got tired of it. It just takes too much time and you don't get any credits for it. For the oval weeks, I had to make 5 race setups and 5 qual setups for all the different weather just to be somewhat competitive.

Just advanced to D class and have no clue about anything :D
But enough time to figure it all out as the current season runs until march if i'm not mistaken?

Let's see how far i come without purchasing anything :)

yep, we are currently in week 9 of 12. week 13 is a week with its own schedule, some of it running without iRacing and SR activated, mainly to try out the new stuff, some of it running with iR and SR in order to fill some gaps as you are looking to progress. do not buy anything just now. the provisional schedule (which mirrors the final schedule 97% or so) is usually out (download on the home screen) in week 12, i.e. in about three to four weeks. it'll take you an hour or so to figure out what to do next season and how to get the best racing out of the least bucks. buying three items (car/track) in one go will give you a better price, buying six items an even better deal. most chaps buy six items the first time round and then fill in the gaps with three or four new items every season. there are also weeks in springa nd autumn where you can buy iRacing currency worth $25 for $20 and save it till the next end of season buying spree, bringing prices down a little more.
over the years, many guys have stuck with the free cars for another season and picked the skip barber as a first non-free car since it offers solid grids around the clock.

Although those low power open wheelers are a huge fun to drive i prefer the Touring Car like series, but doesn't mean i'll not have a look at the Skippies sooner or later :)
I will definitely stick with the Mazdas for at least a whole season and see if i manage to get enough iRacing in my daily schedule before spending money on content.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back