What do you guys think of the new Top Gear?!

Hi guys,

Since the release of the new Top Gear series, its been getting a whole load of hate, and I really cannot see why. Sure the legendary Trio are gone, but the comedy and the cars are still there, and I will still watch it despite the cringey jokes!

Don't want to give too much information out to ya fella's who are yet to watch it, but they reviewed the new McLaren in the latest episode, and it really was a beauty.

I seem to be the only person on social media who believes that the show is equally as professional and chucklesome as it was before, and it seems to me that people are reviewing it in a negative way, simply because cocky Clarkson has left. He really was a character, but the show in my eyes is equally as enjoyable to watch as the classic was.

So guys, what do you think!? Is it a complete car crash? Do you think BBC should have created something unique!? Do you think they should have let the trio come back? I wanna know! :laugh:

It's different from what people used to see.
If the show started like it is now there wouldnt be many complains i guess.

People dont like changes in general but will get over it one day i believe...
The blurry vision of the past and the overall chracter of people like Clarkson will slow that process down eavily though, that's why i think many people don' like the show. Just look at the comments in Top Gears facebook posts.

I think you should add it's okay or much the same as before to your poll question.
Because that's probably near to the mark. I suppose the people forget that the previous lot took a bit of time to gel and get comfortable around one another.
Of course the cars should be the stars and so far no problems there.
As you say, people should give it a chance it's still an entertaining show.

They've copied the old and stale parts of the previous show, added a random bunch of presenters who have no chemistry, mixed it together and guess what, it's not that great.

I don't like the lead presenter, too eager, too much flair, and not nearly nasty enough. I think Clarkson was far too offensive, but this one is far too nice.
The US guy is actually fine.

And they definitely need a third wheel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%