What do you guys think of the new F1 Sky channel?

ummm take out Damon Hill out of Sky.....oh god wth does he mean "my watery feeling" from last night...lol...really i rather see Sato instead of him :eek:

OK, that 'water' thing was a bit of a dumb comment - but give the guy a break, he's just started in this position. He's a former World Champion, as well as a former President of the British Drivers Racing Club. Damon will be a great addition to Sky's F1 - I just wish they'd put him in the commentary box with Brundle - Hill and Brundle did one race together years ago and they really worked well together.

Crofty never used to be so loud and shouts when he did the 5 Live coverage.
Hopefully he'll tone it down a bit this week.

I definitely noticed that as well! sounds like he's trying to be Murray Walker or something. little over the top though, it was really funny when he would crescendo to quick and have to keep the shouting up until something happened or the action died down

For Sky's 1st GP they did very well and its only going to get better :)
The coverage is good but the audience isn't, bad for advertisers!

UK TV audience falls by one million at Sky’s first F1 race

Viewing figures from the first race weekend of 2012 indicates a fall of over a million viewers in the UK.

There was no live free-to-air coverage of the race in Britain. The race was shown live on Sky while the BBC broadcast highlights later in the day.
Sky declined to issue details of their TV audiences for their F1 programming over the race weekend when asked by F1 Fanatic.
However multiple sources have reported their first F1 broadcast attracted a peak audience of 1.02 million viewers.
This represents a fall of over 2 million compared to the figure recorded by the BBC for last year’s live race.

The BBC reported a peak of 3.2 million people watched their highlights programme, over one million more than their repeat of the race in a similar time slot attracted last year.
Combining the figures suggests around one million fewer people in the UK watched the first F1 race of the season, a fall of over 20%.

source

Anyone with a tv could watch it on the bbc last year, Sky has 11 million paying subscribers so viewing figures were always going to be lower.

I doubt Brundle has learned anything from him or tried to even copy one bit from him.
More like enjoying the moment alongside him.

Yes i agree he is the best minus the slightly senile comments from time to time but i guess that's part of Murray's legend.

You are wrong. Martin himself said to me (yes to me) that he did learn from Murray and hoped to be good but never as good as him.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back